Re: Now We Know Why Postal Service Is So Bad

> Did you know that the USPS allows letter carriers to take leave w/o > pay (but with no chance of job loss) to go campaign for Obama, salary > paid for completely by the Letter Carriers Union?

I'd guess they could take LWOP to campaign for McCain/Palin if they wanted to. Any cites to indicate that this is not the case would be interesting reading indeed.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

What is LWOP?

...Jim Thompson

Leave With-Out Pay

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

I have no doubt that there are campaigners of both parties who are being compensated either knowingly or unknowingly by their employers. Many are probably govt employees being compensated by the taxpayer. If you extend this back the last couple of years and consider that this happens every

4 years, that amounts to a lot of lost productivity.
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Treason doth never prosper: what\'s the reason?

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

No. But the union is hiring workers that have been made available to work for its political action group. If a worker took leave, nothing would stop them from taking a temp job with a GOP PAC.

Ban the bomb.  Save the world for conventional warfare.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.