Re: She-e-e-esh SHIT!

Jim Thomps>> She-e-e-esh SHIT!

> >Are you surprised? Good thing the Senate jumped in to save the economy, now >the market is down 300.....dickheads. >

And you think it would be 'up' if there was no bill?

Reply to
flipper

You know, you have to wonder if there aren't other investment banks that'd like to move in for the kill ;-)

...Jim Thompson

It was yesterday, wasn't it? Oh that's right, it's only because of the hope of the bill still becoming law. Now that there's really hope for the bill, why is the market tanking? In case you hadn't noticed, the dollar posted its strongest gains in over 5 years when their was no bill. The price of oil also fell. Do you think these things were bad?

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Gee look, the markets were up all day, right until they passed the ballout. And looky there, now you just can't shut the bastards up on how "this wasn't meant to have any immediate effect" and if "it works as we hope". No promises now, even though they had to cram it down our throats with a big side order of pork. Let's do the math, about 2 trillion in circulation (best guess since it seems to be a secret these days), the Fed will just print up another 700B. That should only devalue everything we all own by roughly 25-30%, what a sweet deal for us, huh?

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

And looky there, now you just can't shut the bastards

we hope". No promises now, even though they had

about 2 trillion in circulation (best guess since

That should only devalue everything we all own by

Nah, fed's been printing day and night for a while now and see what this does for the dollar:

There's been little logic in currency valuation for a while now.

TheM

Depends on how one defines 'bad'. Oil is lower because they expect demand to be lower in a recession. Is a recession 'bad'?

You don't suppose factory orders being dramatically lower and higher than expected unemployment figures, to name but a few factors, had anything to do with it, eh?

I guess "the bastards" felt it necessary to remind idiots that nothing 'real' happens overnight, especially not a 700 billion plan that they've told you can be spent no faster than 50bn a month even if you just shoved bags of money into helicopters and rained it down on people.

There never were any 'promises' other than it being the 'best thing' they could think of.

Doesn't mean I agree it's the 'best thing' but at least I'm not dumb enough to think the economy is going to be 'cured' overnight from simply 'hearing' a bill was passed.

It also isn't, even if it 'works', going to return the 'economy' to

2005 and the heyday of cheap subprime loans people can't afford because that's how we got into this mess. At least we hope that mistake isn't repeated.

How does buying an asset 'devalue' the asset?

Reply to
flipper

"Anthony Fremont" wrote in news:qICdnU-AnL35tHjVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

Jim Cramer noted that China, Brazil, Russia, and India have jsut about stopped orders for coal and so on, because they are also suffering inflation and other monetary woes. He also noted that hedge fund redemptions have ben coming doe thsi quarter. SO many stocks will fall further, IIRC until abut December.

HTH

Reply to
Kris Krieger