Re: Now that we know Cellphone radiation causes Cancer

I just want to add that I hate this graph, the x-axis is in wavelength, which is one over frequency (or energy)... better units.

GH

Reply to
George Herold

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Hysteresis is not a feature, but an outcome. It is not about "magnetisable" materials, it is about ALL materials. ALL materials have a magnetic property.

In a transformer core, it is exhibited as heat when one attempts to run it too fast.

With water and flesh, it (the microwave frequency) is ALREADY far too fast for the medium to like it, and that dislike gets exhibited as heat, and that dislike is the reluctance of those domains to being flipped by EM... hysteresis.

You say "absorption". By what means do you think water or another "suceptible' medium "creates" this heat that is "produced"?

Your "excited state" IS the domain flipping. The heat produced IS the fact that the medium does not like it that fast... IOW friction... IOW hysteresis.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:6adcf412-433c-4d74-8bc2- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Every atom under EM influence lines up and gets oriented.

Some elements more than others. Those that do are considered to be domain aligned.

Consider your education updated.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

But not one that can stick in two different equal energy stable states.

Simple ohmic heating comes into that too.

Wrong.

There aren't any "domains" in water. There are just molecules with low ener gy vibrational and rotational excited states. You can excited them with ele ctromagentic radiation, and they can undergo non-radiative transitions that transfer to energy into different kinds of molecular movements which look exactly like heat.

t... IOW friction... IOW hysteresis.

Wrong. See above.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The absorbtion of electromagnetic radiation is quantised. The reactions of individual molecules depend on the quantised energy states available, and w hile the moecules may - on average - end up oriented (to some extent) this isn't a useful description of what is going on.

Domains extend over a number of atoms. Only certain elements behave in this way. water isn't one of them.

What you want me to do is discard my education, which does seem to have gon e rather further than yours, and replace it with your decidedly imperfect c omprehension of what is going on.

That wouldn't be an update. Your ideas don't seem to belong to any coherent body of theory that I've ever heard of, and sound more like a half-baked c ollection of imperfectly comprehended facts which you've stuck together to create a misleading dog's breakfast.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

the frequency they are at.

ks

waves_and_radio_waves

This sort of measurement is typically done by chemists who are accustomed t

I would also point out that the graph you don't like is labeled in both w avelength and frequency. Look a the top of the graph. In particular there is a mark at 2.45 GHz.

--

  Rick C.

  -+-+ Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -+-+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

That sounds a lot like what I said about hysteresis being observed from the perspective of the generator of the RF signal.

Not anything that will be significant in this context of absorbing microwav es.

Nothing to do with heating water.

Anytime terms such as "like it" are used the topic has been dumbed down too much to be useful.

The absorption is the same as any photon being absorbed, it matches an ener gy level transition. In the case of liquid water the energy is absorbed in to configurations of the hydrogen bonds which results in changes to the vib rations... i.e. temperature of the water.

What domain? There are no magnetic domains in the water molecules.

DO SOME READING ON YOUR OWN!!! You are talking nonsense. You only need to consult some references and you will find the truth.

--

  Rick C.

  -++- Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -++- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

at the frequency they are at.

eaks

is

ain

rowaves_and_radio_waves

s.

^-10 metres), invented to make it easy to report wavelength of visible and near-UV light.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The cycling is the only way to 'reduce power'. By using duty cycle, the emissions are cycles on and off. This allows the thermals to distribute more homogenously during the off cyces resulting in more even heating, and less burn spots. They mad turntables to reduce it as well, but I think they should have concentrated on better beam management into the cavity. The simple reflector blade method is pretty lame.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:af53f35b-dc10-419a-8d40-c09823f3f691 @googlegroups.com:

Ohmic heating requires current.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

at the frequency they are at.

eaks

is

ain

rowaves_and_radio_waves

s. I would also point out that the graph you don't like is labeled in both wavelength and frequency. Look a the top of the graph. In particular the re is a mark at 2.45 GHz. Oh Physics types will do the same thing. My post doc adviser, would take students to task for not using energy units. (wavenumber being preferred in the IR, FIR)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

These are just congealed habits and convenience units.

don't even stay the same with changes in the index of the medium. It's even worse to change units just because we're dealing with a different range of the EM spectrum.

Herz is the way! SI everywhere. Visible light is the single octave from 375 to 750 THz. Easy, clear, consistent. Use 250 to 500 zJ if you must, but only in the context of absorption or emission by matter. A photon is not a particle.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Put a core with a finite resistance into a transformer winding and the voltage induced in the core generates current, and ohmic heating in the core.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

crowaves_and_radio_waves

on't

Hi Jeroen, I spent several years thinking in wave numbers and meV and degrees K. Those were all useful when doing FIR spectroscopy. Different energy units are good, (at least to me) for comparing different things... thermal energies and binding energies of shallow impurities in semiconductors, for the above FIR stuff. Talking about the collision energy of CERN in GeV or TeV seems fine. What is a Gev in Hertz? (~10^14+9) ~ 10^25 Hz that does nothing for me.

I don't have any feel for temperatures above ~10^4 K (1 GeV = ~ 10^13 K ... which I can only think of as crazy hot. :^) from here,

George h.

Reply to
George Herold

the other way used for years being switching the HV cap value

yes - the heat spreads when it's on as well

it's not really possible to get reasonably even rf distribution in the cooking cavity, even with a stirrer. Mfrs spent many years trying to do so before giving up & adding turntables. Tts cost money & reduce available cooking volume.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You do like irrelevance. It's just _you_.

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:fb8be7de-2cb1-436b-bbda-c70ec43e69d5 @googlegroups.com:

Yes, that is a full modal switch. The entire session is then at less power and still the only way to introduce less into the target medium is by way of duty cycle variance.

So in both cap value modes, two different power levels, there is still a need for duty cycle variance as well. For years.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:fb8be7de-2cb1-436b-bbda-c70ec43e69d5 @googlegroups.com:

No... I thought it was frozen in time.

That was a stupid remark you made there.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

No :) The other way is to use 2 switches wth your 2 caps, then you get 3 power levels. Etc etc.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I see you snipped your remark I was correcting.

Reply to
tabbypurr