Re: Novice hobbyist looking for help

I don't know how complicated you want to make your device, but if you want to keep it simple take apart a keyboard, most of them have a board that is wired to a matrix, cross two of the inputs on it to act as a key pressed. Write a program to play a sound when a key is pressed. Here In canada you can pickup a keyboard for less than a db9/db25 connector, or better yet make use of an old one, also a mouse would probably work without even taking it apart, maybe a wirless one?.

Maybe this would work

I think that the pressure switch relay combo is the best way to turn on a 120V spot light, but i suggest you use a 12V Car headlamp rather than an AC one as it is much safer and can be connected directly to the pressure switch. As far a pressure switches go you reallly don't need a pressure switch but a momentary SPST Push button, unless you want it to only activate when a person of a certain weight sits on it.

I hope this helps, good luck with your project.

Mike Rothe

Remember the K.I.S.S. rule! -- Keep It Simple Stupid! (not calling you stupid, just a saying)

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Mike Rothe