Re: night light

On a sunny day (Mon, 03 Nov 2008 12:23:21 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

The British tritium lights are cool: > >ftp://66.117.156.8/Tritium.jpg > > >The light level is fine... invisible in daytime, weak glow in the >dark, not bright enough to be annoying.

Seems like the perfect spot to knock one off, or hurt you hand grabbing the ball on the post. Or are those too high to grab on to? Perhaps if not, replace ball with transparent plastic one with light in centre.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The balls at the top of the bedposts are almost 6' high, just about right for walking into head-first in the dark. (Hideous western-mountain-kitsch decor. We're gradually eliminating as much as possible. Some of the light fixtures look like they were fabbed by a blacksmith on acid.)

When the tritium starts to fade (half-life 14 years) maybe I'll try something else.

John

On a sunny day (Mon, 03 Nov 2008 17:45:42 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

No need likely, after Oba-mama presses the button *everything* will glow in the dark for thousands of years...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That button will be the off button on the electric grid. That glow is all the camp fires and candles.

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, TX

On a sunny day (Tue, 04 Nov 2008 11:37:33 -0600) it happened Joe Chisolm wrote in :

What really made me laugh was a video shot from outside the democratic convention, showing 'solar energy ovens' with some blob cookyie dough in it. It did not looked very much cooked.... Way to little sun :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje