Vertical JFET?


does anybody know of a commercially available small-signal "vertical" JFET? This would be a FET where one of the drain/source contacts is on the wafer backside, like in most standard bipolar transistors. The gate is a fingered or ring-shaped structure that clamps off the carriers that move vertically through the crystal.

A friend of mine once built one into a test pattern of a bipolar transistor wafer just for fun, and he claims it worked like a charm. Out of curiosity I looked and found a few patents on that topology. But I'm not aware of any commercial product that actually works like this.

Are you?


Reply to
Robert Latest
Loading thread data ...

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.