Vertical JFET?

Hello,

does anybody know of a commercially available small-signal "vertical" JFET? This would be a FET where one of the drain/source contacts is on the wafer backside, like in most standard bipolar transistors. The gate is a fingered or ring-shaped structure that clamps off the carriers that move vertically through the crystal.

A friend of mine once built one into a test pattern of a bipolar transistor wafer just for fun, and he claims it worked like a charm. Out of curiosity I looked and found a few patents on that topology. But I'm not aware of any commercial product that actually works like this.

Are you?

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest