Re: night light

On a sunny day (Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:28:59 GMT) it happened Rich Grise wrote in :

>I think pulsing is a HORRIBLE idea. Who wants to wake up in the middle >of the night and be confronted with strobes? The strobes on cop cars >and airplanes are _designed_ to be annoying, you know.

Nah, makes no difference, maybe even the seconds indicator on your alarm clock switches on and off. It is no stroboscope ;-) As long as the pulsing is constant (not modulated) then the brain filters it out in no time. A pulsing light source is easier to tell in the dark from eye noise / imagined objects.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Thinking about it, I think they should (each bed post) be syncronized!

Reply to
PeterD

Actually, I've been wanting something similar myself. I got the idea from seeing a pilot lamp of either a security system or a HVAC system in a hotel at night once upon a time. It was a very comforting, soft yellow-green glow that looked like a firefly on the wall or ceiling. I think it would be really nice to have a couple or so of them made to mimic a firefly.

Thinking of that, I'd bet Mother Nature is telling us what color is easiest to see at night.

Cheers, John

Reply to
John KD5YI