Plastic transistors... e-paper- future?

Jan Panteltje

Like the song from Annie:

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,

You're always a day away.

John

On a sunny day (Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:37:24 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Jealousy? That CEO actually demonstrates one. And the factory is build. And note who the shareholders are, you know them. Now if you were commenting on my posting in ..satellite.europe, where I state that in a few years we will have e-paper in color that is video capable, and wallpaper our rooms with it, yes THEN that is in the future. The word is actually MAÑANA 'tomorrow', sometimes meaning 'not today'.

Any bears sighted yet?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Looking at the "before and after" pic,

if it can turn dumpy chicks into foxy ones, it will indeed be a roaring success.

John

On a sunny day (Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:20:19 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Yea, sex sells. One application I see for e-paper is ATMs, I can never read these things here in bright sunlight. A reflective display is the greatest thing for outdoor use. No need for colour either in that application. And so it will make its entry into the cockpit too. Imagination.. you need... plenty of applications. No need to be cynical because you have not sighted any bears yet (other then the Dow).

Jan Panteltje

--
You\'re right!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Smirnoff_vodka.jpg

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Yep. With enough Vodka even a leftist might seem intelligent.

...Jim Thompson

  What\'s the difference between a horse\'s ass and Barack Obama?
                            Lipstick!

the Dow).

They certainly gave a promising-looking presentation to us back ten or fifteen years ago...

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

It gets dark here, too. Fairly often.

Our ATMs give us animated color ads as we wait for our cash. The banks are not going to give that up.

Beanie-mounted headlamps for pilots?

Well, e-paper has been hot for decades now. On paper.

the Dow).

We hope to be in our cabin by my birthday, late October. It has a big steel "bear box" for the trashcans; they tear wooden ones apart. They'll open up the sides of cars if they suspect something really good is inside.

John

Enough Vodka in you, or in the leftie?

Just asking...

John

On a sunny day (Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:08:59 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Sure, and there are no lights around right? e-paper needs light from the front, if you can see the machine, then you can read the display. A bit clever construction will have a light shine on it to help. I had something like that designed long time ago.

So did do the ones here, but luckily my bank pretty much stopped the crap.

Holy shit, it is easier to front-light something like e-paper then get an equal back light for an LCD.

You can buy e-paper based e-book readers now, they are just smaller and heavier. Sony has one, I think Amazone too.

the Dow).

Ah, yes, a camera with motion detection while you are not there, might catch some :-) There are no bears here.... I'd bring a gun if I thought there were some.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:05:48 -0400) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

the Dow).

??? bears? Yes, but newer methods have been invented since:

Jan Panteltje

the Dow).

Take 'Always Wrong', and toss an open jar of honey on him, just before you lock him outside. Then wait for the bears to decide if it's worth the risk.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's one of those _bilateral_ effects... I guess it works either way ;-)

Though I was thinking, "In me".

...Jim Thompson

Obama snickers, claiming McCain is running for Bush\'s third term,
While he thinks running for Carter\'s second term is a good thing?

the Dow).

I watched (from a safe distance) a bear trash a station wagon and sit inside eating baby teething biscuits (Yellowstone).

...Jim Thompson

Obama snickers, claiming McCain is running for Bush\'s third term,
While he thinks running for Carter\'s second term is a good thing?

then the Dow).

OK, toss him some teething biscuits, too. :)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Would a PIR and a klaxon deter them at all? >:->

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

With sufficient application of Vodka, a leftist weenie can be made to appear as obtuse as a neocon. ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

today'.

then the Dow).

This was in 1956. I didn't have a camera with me, I was at a lake fishing with my father when a woman and a kid bailed out of the station wagon, screaming. It's remarkable what a bear can do to a car :-(

...Jim Thompson

  What\'s the difference between a horse\'s ass and Barack Obama?
                            Lipstick!

the Dow).

By those same MIT-affiliated guys?