Re: night light

doesn't quite work, as noted.

Sorry, must have missed that.....

The nuclear ("nuke-u-lar") solution ought to glow quite nicely! And it has the added benefit of shrinking your bladder... :)

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Tritium emits betas, which can't penetrate the glass tube that the light sources use. Well, some neutrinos too, but they zip right through you. Half-life is 12 years, but the betas may damage the phosphor too... I don't know.

Looks like either the lithium batteries or the tritium things would have to be replaced every 15 years or so. What a nuisance.

John

Oh man, are we spoiled ;-)

Just picture if someone from the Donner party would read this. All they had were some petroleum lanterns and at the Donner pass I am sure they were out of petroleum.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Take control of the HOA.

...Jim Thompson

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress
discovers that it can bribe the public with the public\'s money."

                 - Alexis de Tocqueville

JT wrote

I agree, the HOA is stupid on this.

At 450-900$ for a ER visit, you have a safety of life arguement for weak but effective outdoor safety lighting. Send the HOA a letter stating night accidents on your property are not acts of God and you'll have them pay the ambulance bill if your trip. I think they would ignore a tastefully installed weak lighting system at that point!

Steve

Reply to
osr

When we were moving to CA and in the market for a house I told our agent that one condition would be: No HOA.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

We were in Truckee on a Saturday night at 8:30, and every damned restaurant was shut. We called Smokey's and asked them when they closed, and they said "when the game is over." No wonder the Donner party resorted to cannibalism.

John

But we love the dark in the woods.

John

That's how it is out here. OTOH we have a nice Japanese place and a great Thai restaurant in our little village. Nicely tucked away so non-locals wouldn't even find it unless someone told them.

ROFL!

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Note how close the acronym is to HUA (head up ass). ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Alferd packer is the only man in the world ever to be convicted of cannibalism. Trey Parker and Matt Stone (the South Park guys) made a movie about him: "Cannibal: The Musical":

It's hilarious, if a bit creepy in spots. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

There was this great story about a guy who ran for HOA president, won, and then dissolved it using the relevant provision in the bylaws.

--
		Przemek Klosowski, Ph.D.
Reply to