Re: new inductors

How is it possible to wind that?

Reply to
john larkin

I wonder if they're made from rolled-up long flexible PCBs with multiple parallel traces. Don't know quite how that would be connected.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Not 'wound', but preformed. Carrier is two-piece insertion, with adhesive. Sometimes the coils are integrated into an injection mold, but not in this case.

Cutest I've seen are the geared bobbins types, not necessarily for square wire. Of course, all bobbins for sq center-post have a gear built-in, but round center-posts are trickier.

RL

Reply to
legg