Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

Let's repeal that pesky First Amendment. There is, of course, always only one true Truth.

Reply to
john larkin

But the first amendment doesn't let you shout "fire" in a crowded theatre. Posting dangerous lies needs to generate consequences severe enough to discourage people from doing it again.

Your persistent enthusiasm for reposting climate change denial propaganda hasn't so far generated enough painful consequence to discourage you.

Six months of hard labour on climate science probably wouldn't work - you are good at not seeing facts you don't want to see.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Indeed. There was only one Truth in the Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin. Contradict him and you got sent to the gulags for 10 to 25 years. So yeah, we could have our very own Pravda newspaper and nothing else allowed, just like they did in Russia. That seems to be what Fred Bloggs is advocating here. Perhaps he'd be happier in Cuba or China.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The internet and Twitter and such provide a platform for billions of yahoos to expose themselves to billions of readers. The more outrageous they are, the more attention they get from people who my-o-my over them.

You have my permission to ignore them.

Reply to
john larkin

There are people who really believe that "climate deniers" are threats to the planet and should be censored or arrested or even killed.

And they throw soup onto the Mona Lisa to make the world a better place.

Reply to
john larkin

Perhaps we should just forcibly sterilise anyone who falls for this nonsense.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

They're clearly brain damaged extremists and need to be in prison before they can do something really dangerous.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Given the average age of contributors here, Sylvia, I would guess your Nazi-esque suggestion would achieve nothing.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I had second thoughts about posting that, and then it got posted by mistake. I deleted it, in the knowledge that this would not be honoured by all servers.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Quite. And 'Thought Crime' at that. Orwell's predictions were right. The Liars are running the show and are terrified of being exposed.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I see you've been reading Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, Bill. Accuse your opponents of what you're doing yourself. See I've read all that Left-wing garbage and know exactly how you think. You'll never get the better of the Big Dawg - certainly not without upping your game by several orders of magnitude (which would be completely beyond you).

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

He's doubled down on his insane rantings since I proved he's a liar beyond all doubt in the thread about Iphones.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I have this thought that 95% of what we see in this group is AI- generated garbage just to keep us bickering pointlessly instead of doing more important things. The highly stereotypical styles of many "contributions" certainly point in that direction.

It's more or less what television used to be for. Panem et circenses.

Let's just killfile them and get on with designing some world- changing electronics.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Wow. You're clearly very upset. Try to calm down and read this - it may help you:

Cursitor Doom

There you go with the "we" again. Just because you and your sock-puppet 3rdwit disagree with me doesn't give you the right to imply you speak for *everyone* on this group. I'm sorry you Communists hate dissenters, but there it is. Stalin's been dead about 70 years now and anyone can say what they please. It's called free speech - and to you that's like holy water to a vampire.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Yes, as is his (in your peculiar mind) unbesmirched reputation.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom