Reply to
Arie de Muijnck

Nifty. I want one!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

How did you work that out?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

What's the rough diameter of the toroid visible in picture 1?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I think this is great !! We have some decent inspection machines and automation but not one of these !

So, I would be very interested to hear what kind of production quality things it is going to be good for.

Please keep us posted !

boB

Reply to
boB

I'd buy one just to keep an eye on my prostate. Over the last 20 years it's gone from a donut to a pretzel!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Center pin is common for most of the circuit, both end pins are heavily decoupled, a small chip is visible, and a single winding inductor is present. With those components in that configuration there is not much other choice. So I assumed an LM78xx replacement, which is readily available. I just never saw the insides, but everything matched the pin out and the idea. And 50 years of experience helps.

Arie

Reply to
Arie de Muijnck

Thanks for that. If John can confirm that this is the same size as a TO-220 package, that'll be good enough for me.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom