Re: My Secure Dream laptop

In article ,

> > Green Xen> >If I use this laptop in public place, will it be more difficult to figur=
> [...]

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 AE6EO

Friends of Jade Warrior home page: =A0
=A0 I do _not_ wish to receive unsolicited commercial email, and I will > =A0 =A0 =A0boycott any company which has the gall to send me such ads!

Is it possible to use fake IP addresses that will make it look like I'm posting from an entirely different part of the world -- without getting anyone else into trouble?

I don't want anyone -- including me -- to get into trouble for the stuff I say in chat rooms. If someone else gets into trouble, my sympathy for them will be overbearing and I might eventually feel the need to confess.

I support individuals, I don't want any individual to be harmed by my text.

How do I do this?

Also, is it possible to use an IP address that will not yield results when looked up.

Reply to
GreenXenon

GreenXenon wibbled on Tuesday 09 March 2010 21:52

How do you think the reply packets are going to get back to you?

--
Tim Watts

Tim Watts

I'm not sure. But I've heard of real IP addresses being masked by fake ones. However, ultimately, a determined person can trace the chat text back to the originating IP address.

For an additional measure of security, I would like to mask my IP address when posting text in chat rooms with my secure dream laptop [which includes phased unidirectional transmitting antenna]. However, I don't want anyone else being socially-condemned for the stuff I write. That's a concern I would have.

The fake dynamic IP address would have to appear to be from an open public internet cafe in some other part of the world. This would make it very difficult to trace back to any single individual. I want the IP to be dynamic as well, because chat rooms might IP-ban me for my socially-unacceptable text.

Once again, the stuff I would like to write in chat rooms is protected by the 1st amendment. Hence, it is totally-legal. However, it is so taboo, perverse, and deviant that my life -- and that of my family/ friends -- would be in danger if the public found out it is me writing that stuff. The public outrage would be so intense that the police would not be able to protect me no matter how hard they try.

Reply to
GreenXenon

GreenXenon wibbled on Wednesday 10 March 2010 13:45

If you think about it, there is no way to maintain a 2 way conversation if the other end doesn't know how to get back to you, which it won't if you give it a duff return address.

It is fundamental to TCP/IP.

--
Tim Watts

Tim Watts

Then how would IP spoofing work?

Reply to
GreenXenon

GreenXenon wibbled on Wednesday 10 March 2010 17:49

Less well than you think.

UDP can be spoofed if you don't want a reply. Anything can be spoofed if you are just spoofing onto another IP in the same network (ie VLAN) but taht is of limited usefulness.

--
Tim Watts

Tim Watts

you

is

There are anonymous proxies. Will they help conceal my true IP while I write in chat rooms?

Reply to
GreenXenon

GreenXenon wibbled on Wednesday 10 March 2010 18:54

Your on your own mate.

I'm happy to explain why something won't work at a technical level but I don't do the newbie blackhat handholding thing. Mostly because I'm not a blackhat, but if I were I wouldn't help a random stranger unknown to me.

--
Tim Watts

Tim Watts

if

I'm not a blackhat, just an extreme whitehat.

Reply to
GreenXenon

No, you're an Asshat

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Man, that was too easy.

Reply to
Ingvald44

Sure, then turn over their records to the authorities at the drop of a subpoena. Face it, chump, you're going to have to conform or pay any consequences, just like everyone else.

Reply to
krw

But that's only in the case of illegal activity, right?

Antisocial doesn't necessarily equate to illegal.

I don't plan on doing anything illegal, just socially-unacceptable.

I am a law-abiding citizen will continue to be.

At heart, though, no individual want to conform to society. This includes individuals who make up society.

Society uses fear to force individuals to conform. It's a vicious cycle of fear. I want to break this cycle without being victimized by society.

Society forces individual to conform. Society forces individuals to force other individuals to conform. This is how evil societal codes are made and maintained.

Anyways, here is a description my dream chat software:

  1. Is web-based -- no download/installation of anything necessary
  2. Does not require ActiveX or Internet Explorer
  3. Does not use or require Java or JavaScript
  4. Most difficult for other chatters to figure out my IP, MAC address, and any other IDs.
  5. Is text-only [not able to transmit/receive files, images, or other nonsense]
  6. Does not allow uploading/downloading to/from other chatters
  7. Can be accessed by most OSes/browsers
  8. Does not have any IM/PM capability [when I post my message, I want everyone in the chat room who hasn't iggied me, to see it. In addition, I just hate it when other chatters PM/IM me.]
  9. Is real-time - i.e. I post my message and those in the room can immediately reply to me.
  10. Transmits/receives small amounts of text rapidly - unlike Usenet which transmits large amounts of text slowly.
  11. Allows me to be nameless and still access the chat rooms with a blank screen name.
  12. Does not give away my email address
  13. Does not allow access to audio/video - e.g. no webcam capability
  14. Does not require an email address for confirmation
  15. Is hacker-proof

My secure dream laptop [with a unidirectional phased antenna] combined with all anonymizing software combined with my dream chat software -- and I am in internet heaven where I can freely express my indignation of society's irrational codes without being burnt alive.

Reply to
GreenXenon