Re: Microsoft screws up AGAIN. Now your programs may stop working !

Pretty stupid. It really is only a dog on a dog system. So if you

> ever had a bad experience with it, it comes down to being basic operator > error for putting it onto a machine that it doesn't belong on to begin > with.

You can't really blame the people who go to Best Buy or Circuit City or wherever and purchase a PC with Vista already loaded for getting a "dog" system: The reason they're shopping retail in the first place is generally that they have no desire to be "up" on all the latest technical specs of PCs and what Vista requires for a decent experience, so IMO it's the fault of retailers for selling such systems and Microsoft for certifying such systems as "Vista ready" in the first place. They are just shooting themselves in the foot, though -- every consumer that purchases a PC with Vista pre-loaded and has a bad experience with it is just another potential customer for, e.g., Apple... who doesn't ship their OS with "dog" hardware.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Microsoft adheres to the almighty dollar, even if means screwing people in any way they can get away with. Retailers are slaves to microsoft due predetory pricing. Customers lack the time/knowledge to compensate for this market deficiency.

They are not that bad in software either (compared to microsoft that is). However they tend to cost plenty relative to x86 hardware.

Reply to
sky465nm

ChairmanOfTheBored

Joel Koltner wrote:

The problem, dear Brutus, is not in our *vendors* or *customers* but in our REGULATORS.

*Not allowing a monopolist to do what M$ has done to that industry* would be the first logical step: "European Union Think Tank Urges Full Windows Unbundling"

The "Vista-ready" deception recently qualified for class action status.

JeffM

Good link, thanks. Interesting that internally at Microsoft some folks had "misgivings" about the "Vista ready" campaign:

... I guess it's clear that there still are good people working there, even if Microsoft in general seems to be trying to implode from its own mass.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I know and I'm sorry for being such a bitch. Bill pays me to speak for him. Can't you figure that out dummy?

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

You are totally screwed to blame Microsoft dirty actons on the outsiders. Get f@cked.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

You both are true idiots. Any one can make a web site, making a point seemingly true, but there is only one truth, idiots like you two can figure on your own.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

I'm glad you concur that we can figure it out on our own. :-)

BTW, I believe the word you want somewhere up there is "wikiality."

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Double. And now even the x86 "Apple" boxes are double overpriced as well, and that, for a less powerful system in nearly every case, as a PC system builder can use the latest and greatest MOBO, and vid card, etc, whereas an AppleTard is tied to the minimum year old choices made by the AppleTard Elite to be placed in their latest AppleTard Wallet Sucker Shitbox.

Don't be an AppleTard.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

It was not posted by me at all.