Re: Interesting Financial Numbers

>Toyota just shut down it's Texas truck plant until demand resumes... > >... but continues to pay its employees! > >Top 37 Toyota executives make $35Meg TOTAL. > >Compare to SINGLE top Ford and GM executive pay for yucks. > >Let'em go belly-up! > > ...Jim Thompson

I just saw a piece on CNN about an ex GM employee , getting a pension and working full time as well. And he's worried. give me a break. I think they should go belly as well.

Martin Riddle

In article , martin snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net says...>

I too receive a pension and work full time. What's the matter jealous? Don't like people remaining productive? Typical Marxist.

Reply to
krw

I receive a pension AND social security, but still work full time. I'd go nuts sitting around.

My father hand-made dulcimers in his own wood shop and played with the Tri-State Mountain Dulcimer Society for 25 years after he "retired".

...Jim Thompson

Yeah, I was thinking of you as a wrote the above. I still have another decade before I can "collect" (full) SS. I tried "retirement", but after I got all the projects done around the house, within two weeks I got *really* bored. By the fourth I was working again, contacting in Ohio. I like designing stuff (I'm at work trying to finalize a schematic for tomorrow).

I'm trying to set up a decent woodworking shop, but haven't had a lot of time. No basement sucks, but not as much as Winter in weenie Vermont.;-)

Reply to
krw

Yep. I've been on (full) SS for 4 years. I have another 21 years to go to match my father's "hanging in there" ;-)

I do home "projects" when my "thinker" stalls. Friday, I installed a GCFI outlet on the other end of the patio for the wife to plug in one of her food warmers for Thanksgiving. The distraction gave me a flash of inspiration for how to handle the design of a rail-to-rail 10-Bit A-to-D I'm futzing over.

For those quick-to-jump and say I should have used a cell from the process house's digital libraries... they don't have one that runs at as low a voltage (and power "gain" ;-) as I need.

I'd like a shop (and a wine cellar) myself. But I could never convince my sons to dig me a basement ;-)

...Jim Thompson