Re: holes and distance to copper in layout

te:

olygon

e =A0small

ere are

ave

or

to hand

=A0I have

ill be

nect to

ole -

the

come

ridge

ly

otedtext-

ere

> > > it is impossible.. > > > > > But if I use a hole and put it into a polygon (eagle) then I get > > > > distance, and only when setting copper to hole and all lines to 0 m=

il

> > > its possible ..I guess its because a hole is not treated as a solde=
> > > hole. > > > > So I got an idea ,to make a pad in library with the same form as th=
> > > whole polygon and with a hole placed ,and this seems to work > > > > alex > > > > that's not the right way to do it. only things with the same net name > > > will be connected. > > > if you want a pad connected to a polygon you should just use a normal > > > pad and then > > > give the polygon the same net name as the pad. > > > > a hole is normally just a hole, it does't have copper inside it meant > > > for > > > mounting screws and such > > > > a hole with copper inside is called a pad and should follow the rules > > > for > > > how much bigger the copper circle should be than the hole inside > > > > -Lasse- Skjul tekst i anf=F8rselstegn - > > > > - Vis tekst i anf=F8rselstegn - > > > mange tak :) > > thank you.. but I have tried to take a pad, change drill to 8 mm > > +change diameter to 13 and put it into the polygon.. change names to > > same name. > > but ..the problem I then got was small openings in copper for thermal > > relief.. > > and in this design I'm not allowed to have any other holes in the > > copper. > > > If you have an idea to get a whole copper plane around the pad ,i like > > to hear from you..until now ,think I have tried 100 different > > approaches to solve my problem.. > > right click the polygon and untick thermals :) > > > > > I have just been saved from the problem as the boards will be made > > with a smaller hole and the client will drill it to size .but would > > ofcourse like to get a solution after much time spend. > > It can be solved with using library and create a pad with a polygon to > > make the whole pad. and when creating it this way, all is in the pad > > layer. > > you said that it was not correct to do so ? =A0why. > > alex > > just a very backwards way of doing it and not the way it was meant to > be done > > -Lasse- Skjul tekst i anf=F8rselstegn - > > - Vis tekst i anf=F8rselstegn -

ok but then give me a way to do it ...and be sure it realy works alex

Reply to
Alex

rote:

polygon

nce =A0small

there are

wave

as I

n or

em to hand

? =A0I have

will be

onnect to

hole -

in the

d come

een

bridge

pily

quotedtext-

where

mil

der

the

me

al

nt

es

did you try turning off thermals on the polygon?

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

If I use a pad I cant get it connected to the polygon I have to use two and connect the two pads then I can give the track betwen the pads ,the same name as the polygon Then I could use "no thermal Relief " but I will have another hole in the area Is this correct ? then I can see if my hole number two can be made small enough to hide it.. I have tried with pads , but only one pad ..and then I could not make it work is that correct also ? thanks alex

a polygon

tance =A0small

n there are

a wave