Re: For your amusement...

> For your amusement ("Several agencies fail to meet United Way > deadline")... > >

Why would any group wait till the last day to request funding?

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They're "special". Read the comments from readers at the bottom of the page... mostly supportive... just one leftist weenie thinking they're "entitled".

United Way is a PRIVATE charity organization, BTW. NOT funded by the government.

...Jim Thompson

. .

Just the same as in the UK when many people leave it until the last hour of the last day to enter their Tax Return online and then find the site crashes due to overloading. After which, they are liable to penalties and complain about it.

--
John B
Reply to

The scout troop that I was in, over 40 years ago raised all of it' own funds, and any papers that needed to be filed were mailed in the day before the were allowed to arrive, so they got there the next day or two. That was part of 'A scout is always prepared!'.

I know. Their office is right behind the local VA clinic so i went in one day to see if they could point me to an affordable law office, or group that helped to incorporate a non profit corporation. I was rather disgusted with how disorganized they were.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I was the "Den Chief"... Life Scout who assists the leader with a Cub Scout Troop.

"When you meet a Girl Scout who is suitably inclined, be prepared" ;-)

Wasn't in Yuma was it ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Ocala.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Oddly, however, many LEOs and other gov workers as well, contribute to this particular charity. Weird. Weird like the mason thing.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

At some places where i worked, it was virtually MANDATORY tha one "donated".

Reply to
Robert Baer

Yep. Motorola in particular. So I always chose to designate the recipient as "The Florence Crittenton League" ;-)

...Jim Thompson