Re: Custom search engine to exclude parts spammers

When I search for electronic parts, ...

> >The "custom search engine" is mainly for my own use, but, of course, >you are welcome to use it too. > >
> >If you want, I can try to add you to the list of contributors so that >you can expand the list. > >Thoughts?

Yes, I hate the alldatasheet.com and datasheetcatalog.net and so on links. One of the frequent things I want to do is just grab a data sheet on a part.... but from the manufacturer(s). Not from these sites -- it's a veritable pain. And they work hard to get themselves near the first part of any search. I'd like to completely remove them and others like them from a search.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

I noticed that, unlike the default google searches, your arrangement doesn't report the total number found. Sometimes, that helps me know whether or not I should add additional keywords or exclusions to cut down on the noise. Is it possible to add that back onto the page?

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

I do not think that it is possible.

Ignoramus32529

What about datasheets for obsolete parts, where the manufacturers do not exist etc?

I think that free datasheet catalogs would be valuable?

Ignoramus32529

It is just that after trying to use them on occasion, I have sworn them off. Way too much pain. But I suppose you are right. I'll live. It's already helpful as it is.

thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan