Re: Circuit Analysis with LTSpice: 12-V Lamp Flasher

The TL431 needs to be repurposed

Applications found in both the CSC72XX and UC3843 datasheets also fit the bill.

Danke,

Reply to
Don
<snip>

Your assessment's absolutely accurate (according to my gut). Regardless, my tinkering involves more than one goal, and fiddling with SMPS along the way is acceptable.

And any advice about DIY SMPS transformers from readers is appreciated in advance.

Danke,

Reply to
Don

My mindset mostly mirrors yours. Here's the story so far: The chassis came from my bone pile. Its NEMA grounded bulkhead connector enables an easy connection from a proto-board to ground. Adding an audio amp along the lines of a LM386 seemed a fitting way to wrap up the AM receiver before moving on to FM. Unfortunately the chassis' built-in SMPS only outputs a meager 5 VDC instead of the 12 VDC or, better yet, 24 VDC sought by me. A quick rummage through my surplus wall warts (over a hundred in all) unearthed a 12 VDC jewel. The plan was to liberate its board from its plastic enclosure then swap it into the chassis in place of the built-in. But the jewel's board didn't cooperate - its footprint was too small to accomodate the chassis' SMPS mounts. The jewel seems like simplicity itself. It's scarcely more complicated than the typical 555 circuit:

Why not assemble a similar circuit from spares on a larger universal board and also mod it to output 24 VDC?

# # #

Alternatively, all analysis and reverse engineering can be avoided by using AI to design it:

PI Expert is an automated, graphical user interface (GUI) driven program that takes power supply specifications and automatically generates a power conversion solution designed around the most appropriate Power Integrations’ IC family. PI Expert provides all necessary information to build and test a working prototype, including the full schematic and BOM. PI Expert also provides a complete transformer design that includes core size, number of turns, appropriate wire selection and winding construction. Detailed winding instructions for mechanical assembly are also generated.

Danke,

Reply to
Don