Re: BBC Puzzle

the UK

quarters

similar

> >The economy has been contracting, yet H-1B visas are still being >issued. As you know, many politicians are bought and paid for to keep >the H-1B parade in motion. Diane Feinstein for one. Anna Esh0o for >another.

H-1B is probably a net plus for the US economy. We're importing the best talent to work here, and depriving potential competitors of that same talent. Importing one brilliant programmer or engineer or scientist may save a dozen US jobs.

The H-1B brain-drain likely also reduces outsourcing. It's the import of low-skilled labor, usually illegal, that negatively impacts employment of US citizens, especially the young and minorities.

John

the UK

quarters

similar