Backlash stirs in US against foreign worker H-1B visas

+++++++++++++++++++++ Last month, three tech advocacy groups launched a labor boycott against Infosys, IBM and the global staffing and consulting company ManpowerGroup, citing a "pattern of excluding U.S. workers from job openings on U.S soil."

They say Manpower, for example, last year posted U.S. job openings in India but not in the United States.

"We have a shortage in the industry all right -- a shortage of fair and ethical recruiting and hiring," said Donna Conroy, director of Bright Future Jobs, a group of tech professionals fighting to end what it calls "discriminatory hiring that is blocking us ... from competing for jobs we are qualified to do."

Reply to
miso

"It's a slap in the face to every American who worked hard to get their experience and degrees and has 10 or 15 years of experience,"

oh- boo hoo hoo- poor little wuppie feels screwed- tough sh_t

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred