Re: A Classic Puzzle

That would be a trade-off - the feedhorn isn't all that thick (how thick is the _roof_ of your MO?) - just move the turntable mech out of the way.

That's what the glass turntable is for. :-) Or, for that matter, if it's being fed from the bottom, you might not even need the turntable - just a glass bottom in the chamber.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

If you're fussy about your pizza crust, then the next time you do popcorn, save the reluctor from the bag, clean it up, and put it under the pizza. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Why not put the feed horn on the side (where I thought they were) so the rotation more evenly cooks the food?

Likely not, unless you get the right marketeer to sell it. Then it doesn't matter.

--
Keith
Reply to

... snip ...

I'm cheaper. I only use the cheapest paper plates, which can leak grease through almost as well as a sieve. My game is to use two, with a paper towel between them. Then normally I need only to change the top one.

 [page]:
            Try the download section.

CBFalconer

I'm even cheaper still - I eat my leftover pizza cold! (I actually prefer them that way; it works better for many of the toppings that we like, such as mild blue cheese!)

Phil

--
Dear aunt, let\'s set so double the killer delete select all.
-- Microsoft voice recognition live demonstration

_ krw ( snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzz) wrote on VCCCLXXVI September MCMXCIII in :

++ ++ > ++ > Actually, this brings up another idea - all microvave ovens (MOs) seem ++ > to have the feedhorn on top. This heats the top of the food, so if it's ++ > soup or something, you have to keep stirring it so it doesn't dry out ++ > at the top and stay cold on the bottom; and solid stuff has to be turned ++ > upside down half-way through or so. ++ > ++ > So, what if you drove the turntable with a rubber belt (to get the ++ > hardware out of the way), and put the feedhorn under it? That way, the ++ > food would heat from the bottom, and with liquids, convection should ++ > distribute the heat. ++ ++ Why not put the feed horn on the side (where I thought they were) so ++ the rotation more evenly cooks the food?

Most things put in the microwave are much thinner than they are wide, so I'd expect a source from either below or above to more evenly cook the food than from aside; regardless of any rotation.

And if you're going to change a microwave to quicker heat soups and other liquids, why not take a microwave with a turn table, keep it as it is, and just hang a glass or plastic rod from the ceiling (somewhat off center) sticking into the liquid to let it stir?

Abigail

Reply to
Abigail
++ > "Michael A. Terrell" wrote: ++ >> Jim Thomps++ >> ++ > ... snip ... ++ >> ++ >>> I find two paper plates face-to-face with the food in-between ++ >>> works nicely. Fat/grease goes on the bottom plate. Top plate ++ >>> holds in the steam. Use top plate to serve and leave grease ++ >>> behind ;-) ++ >> ++ >> I use a paper plate, then put it on one of those plastic holders ++ >> made for picnics. That way it can soak up more fat. Yeah, I ++ >> know, I'm a cheapskate. ++ > ++ > I'm cheaper. I only use the cheapest paper plates, which can leak ++ > grease through almost as well as a sieve. My game is to use two, ++ > with a paper towel between them. Then normally I need only to ++ > change the top one. ++ ++ I'm even cheaper still - I eat my leftover pizza cold!

This "leftover" pizza you are talking about, what is that?

Abigail

Reply to
Abigail

That slice that /was/ on /your/ plate, but you blinked.

(It's hard to see how it could get cold, though.)

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: -http://www. +rjh@

I like the way you think, Abigail! Whilst we're perfectly capable of demolishing the whole-bleedin-family-sized pizza on a xxx-day night, we find that laziness takes over and leaving a bit for {xxx+1}-day lunchtime just makes good sense. In particular if it tastes better on the day after. (Yes, yes, we could just order two, I guess, but I'd need to sell my body down at the docks to pay for such extravagance.)

Phil

--
Dear aunt, let\'s set so double the killer delete select all.
-- Microsoft voice recognition live demonstration
Reply to
Phil Carmody

_You're_ cheap? I keep reusing the same paper plate! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Apparently, American isn't your first language. ;-) "Leftovers" is the generic term for uneaten food that you save to eat later. Compare "doggy bag". ;-)

Kids: "Hey, Mom! What's for dinner?" Mom: "Leftovers." Kids: "Oh, boy, leftovers! Hooray!" ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Because it would be a PITA klooge? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Leftover pizza is a sound theoretical concept, like the Higgs boson, but it's rather difficult to detect in practice.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany
++ > Phil Carmody (thefatphil snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk) wrote on VCCCLXXVII ++ > September MCMXCIII ++ > ++ > "Michael A. Terrell" wrote: ++ > ++ >> Jim Thomps++ > ++ >> ++ > ++ > ... snip ... ++ > ++ >> ++ > ++ >>> I find two paper plates face-to-face with the food in-between ++ > ++ >>> works nicely. Fat/grease goes on the bottom plate. Top plate ++ > ++ >>> holds in the steam. Use top plate to serve and leave grease ++ > ++ >>> behind ;-) ++ > ++ >> ++ > ++ >> I use a paper plate, then put it on one of those plastic holders ++ > ++ >> made for picnics. That way it can soak up more fat. Yeah, I ++ > ++ >> know, I'm a cheapskate. ++ > ++ > ++ > ++ > I'm cheaper. I only use the cheapest paper plates, which can leak ++ > ++ > grease through almost as well as a sieve. My game is to use two, ++ > ++ > with a paper towel between them. Then normally I need only to ++ > ++ > change the top one. ++ > ++ ++ > ++ I'm even cheaper still - I eat my leftover pizza cold! ++ > ++ > This "leftover" pizza you are talking about, what is that? ++ > ++ ++ Apparently, American isn't your first language. ;-)

It isn't, but I've lived several years in the USA, and I still visit the country one or twice a year.

++ "Leftovers" is the ++ generic term for uneaten food that you save to eat later. Compare "doggy ++ bag". ;-)

You mean, "pizza you save to eat later"? I'm not familiar with that concept.

++ Kids: "Hey, Mom! What's for dinner?" ++ Mom: "Leftovers." ++ Kids: "Oh, boy, leftovers! Hooray!" ;-)

Wierd American kids. When my mom uses to serve leftovers, it usually was a dish we didn't like the first time around (otherwise, there wouldn't be leftovers). Having been in the freezer for a couple of months usually didn't improve the taste....

Abigail

Reply to
Abigail

... snip wierd unhandleable quotation system ...

Which doubtless led to well fed dogs once the kids figured out the normal result.

 [page]:
            Try the download section.

CBFalconer

It's not like "save it for later" - it's like when you're so stuffed that you can't fit another bite into you without half-chewed pizza coming out your ears, so you leave the rest of the pizza sit there and eat it the next time you're hungry. ;-)

Maybe it's a bachelor phenomenon. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

No, that's a hog phenomenon. It's also a good way to end up diabetic. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida