Re: 75 lm/Watt

Although announcements well over 100 lumens per watt have been around for a while, among units actually available upper 60's to 70 is a high end model, and 75 is a higher brightness binning of a high end model. So if this thing is out this summer, it will actually be a slight increment over middle-grade of the most efficient power LEDs that I have seen so far.

Although 75 is low for an announcement of an upcoming product, higher luminous efficacies have also been at lower powers - generally around 1.2 watts per chip for high power models, as in operating at 350 mA, with the highest luminous efficacy announcement that I heard of so far being 115 or so for a laboratory prototype IIRC. There are lower power chips that have achieved 130 and 150 IIRC - with power input around 66-68 milliwatts (20 milliamps, voltage drop around 3.3 volts), for laboratory prototypes.

Don Klipstein