Quotation of the day

Don't. You'd be lunch.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

That's because there are no men on the planet with a 40' pole. Even Ron Jeremy.

;^)

Tim

Tim Williams

I'm not afraid of strong, smart, skinny, funny, cute women who make a lot of money. I married one and fathered two more.

John

Homer is afraid of all women.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

OK, but don't seek medical care for that condition. JE got rich suing doctors for malpractice, which makes medical care more expensive and less available for everyone.

John

Probably so.

It seems to me that most men don't actually like women. They want them, but don't like them.

I like women, the smarter the better.

John

Absolutely! I like to be sweet talked ;-)

...Jim Thompson

MYTH.

In states with limits on malpractice pain and suffering the insurance rates are higher not lower.

I bet none of the doctors who whine about the costs of such insurance would be willing to see such limits put on other causes such as auto accidents.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Go watch Jurassic Park again. The raptors were based on Coulter, but they had to tone the meanness down some. Even raptors weren't that vicious.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

No.

Corelation causation (I would have expected an engineer to pick up on that one). Ya' think they could have put limits on malpractice because their insurance was going through the roof?

It's your money. Place the bet, but my bet is that you're wrong. Doctors are high profile targets for car insurance scammers too. There should be limits an ALL liability.

--
  Keith
Reply to

He's not an engineer.

John

Gosh, you do live in a fantasy world. I suppose everything you know, you learned from movies. And cartoons.

John

Not to mention that the book Jurassic Park was made into a movie well before Ann was a public figure.

...Jim Thompson

Me too. Someone who can hold their own, in any situation. Plastic, cartoon-type bimbos are nice to look at, but boring.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

But my logical skills are infinitely superior to yours.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Jim and John Sitting in a tree K I S S I N G

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I hate to sound a bit like MP, but FOR FUCKS SAKE, ARE YOU RETARDED OR WHAT?

at least 6-year-olds have a good excuse.

you have confirmed that you are not an engineer (not that engineers are necessarily better than non-engineers, I've met plenty of bad ones) and are in fact an HVAC tech.

Almost all of your posts have NOTHING whatsoever to do with electronics (I think there is a strong correlation here; it appears you dont know much about electronics, hence the lack of such posts), but are instead seriously inane attempts at insults, which most of us grew out of not long after developing pubic hair.

I might not necessarily agree with everything John and Jim say (although with her mouth shut, ann coulter *is* quite attractive), but I have a great deal of respect for them - they have *earned* that by being damned good at what they do (when I was a kid I spent a lot of my pocket money buying chips Jim designed), and being extremely helpful here on SED (I'm sure I'm not alone in having learned a great deal from them).

If you have to hurl insults, at least try and think up clever ones, as opposed to making yourself look like a disgruntled 6-year-old.

GROW UP!

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

So ask a technically useful question already ;-)

...Jim Thompson

OK,

Im playing with an el-cheapo smps controller. Its peak-current-mode control, and uses the BE junction of an NPN to detect peak current, and turn the switch off. Of course Vbe varies strongly with T.

Normally I use a TL431 etc for voltage feedback; it has a nice stable reference. I just choose my current sense resistor for min Vbe (max T), and the magic of -ve feedback makes sure all is well. yay.

the circuit is pretty simple, the 431 pulls down on a pnp (crappy mirror) which feeds current into an R, also connected to the base (there is an R from B to Rs) so the base voltage is the sum of IRs and the error amp output voltage.

This time, however, I want to use it as a current regulator. There is still a setpoint, but no error amp (other than the NPN), so alas all my

-ve feedback "magic" stops working, so I have to:

a) temp-comp the setpoint (or NPN, but I want to keep I*Rs low), or

b) add some other form of current sensor, a T-stable reference and an error amp, which I dont want to do.

so far the best I have come up with is placing a Vbe multiplier (using the other transistor in the NPN's sot-323 package) in series with my setpoint voltage. If I choose the Vbe multiplier scale factor to be the reciprocal of the resistive divider formed from Vsetpoint to Rs, then the divided-down scaled-up Vbe temperature change exactly (ish) cancels out the dVbe of the NPN.

kinda:

Vsetpoint----[Vbe multiplier]---[R1]----+-----B of CE NPN | \\

0V--[Rs]--+---------------------[R2]----+ 0V | to switch Source (or E)

R1,R2 >> Rs

so I get:

Vbe1 - dVbe1 = (I*Rs)*R1/(R1+R2) + (Vs - K*(Vbe2 - dVbe2))*R2/(R1+R2)

and if the 2 BJTs are at the same temperature, then dVbe1 = dVbe2

so all I have to do is choose K = (R1+R2)/R1.

but it feels kinda icky.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Nope. You haven't been paying attention so who is retarded? I actually have two separate trade qualifications, some advanced trade qualifications, a degree and considerable experience in a number of strange technical or related fields.

You may be a pussy who will let two dicks like Jim and John insult you. I am not.

I pitch my insults to the mentality of the targets.

I am rubber. You are glue.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson