Quiz Buzzers

Hi I'm very new to this so here goes. I help run some quizzies every now and then and thought it would be a good idea to make some buzzers that work on a fastest finger first basis like thay use on the TV. Making the boxes is no problem but i have no idea on the electronics involved. My concept is each team would have a box in front of them with a big red button on top. when this was pressed a buzzer would go off and a light would light up but it would stop anyone else from sounding their buzzer or light. i would need up to 8 modules to be connected at any one time. if anyone can help me with this bearing in mind my lake of knowledge it would be appriciated

Reply to
jones

Do a search for "Jeopardy". This question comes up quite often, and there are a number of circuits online.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Get pushbuttons from Happ Controls.

greg

Reply to
GregS

IIRC, Elektor and Silicon Chip (Au) have done this.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Elektor and Silicon Chip (Au) have done this. Here's mine

GPG

Two recent Elektor articles are here:

and

Nicely designed projects. They can be bought online for UKP 1.00 each from their website.

Richard

snipped-for-privacy@keepupwith.fsnet.co.uk schreef:

Reply to
RickB