question for CANADIAN engineers

Can only remind you that all the locations you refer to export trained engineers.

Don't go to any of them, unless it is in response to a solid job offer. Many of the 'local' consulting opportunities may be handling contracts outside the local area, involving travel.

You'd find these cities all fairly friendly, and not expensive to live in; but unless someone is importing specific skills, they can be rather parochial about offering opportunities to 'outsiders' (even returning natives) that local residents are capable of filling.

In the engineering areas you mention, there may not even be recognition of the field that you specialize in, whether or not they sorely lack such expertise. Takes considerable selling and resources, in such a situation.

RL

Reply to
legg

Hello Jim,

Well, that certainly is high end, isn't it? Maybe too high end for us. We live next to one of those lotsa-Dollar membership fee country clubs (not a member...) so when we travel we like it simple.

Need that right now, too. But when I retire I certainly won't.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg