Applying New Electronics Technology

Often I come up with an idea and then go hunting for the technology..

Another way (which I haven't explored) is monitoring the new stuff that tech companies put out. Even better to know before it's even advertised. This would help in applying tech and getting it to market quickly.

I would like to know how often designers monitor tech companies (ex: new chip released) for new products? Also, how far in advance could a designer know about the release of new parts? (ex. Inside information/prior press release)

Do you browse at all the new stuff coming out that could spark design improvements or new products? Or is it just too much to look at..and the better way is to seek what's needed.

Is there a "new shit" catalog for electronics? ...with many companies.. Kinda like a multi-company press release catalog. Or do I get stuck looking at various sources (ex..web sites, magazines, email subscription) for new electronic parts.

I haven't noticed a press release newsgroup for tech companies yet.

If you're not watching for it, you might miss the release of the new and improved potato chip bag specially modified for making heat sink pads. :) (Poking fun at the "Homemade heat sink pad" post..) D

Reply to
D from BC

lots of trade magazines out there. One of my favorites is:

electronicproducts.com

me

Um, you subscribe to the free trade journals, of course.

Much more on my website, especially

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster