Qualcomm Quick Charge detecting compatible devices

How does Qualcomm Quick Charge sense the presence on another compatible device.

Isit looking for voltahe on certain USB pins?

Reply to
Pamela

It's looking for a quick-charge chip at the other end of the USB cable.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Basically, yes. There's a whole negotiation process which takes place between the device, and the dedicated charging port. Take a look at the data sheet for the On Semiconductor NCP4371 for some of the details.

Reply to
Dave Platt

søndag den 26. juni 2022 kl. 00.07.44 UTC+2 skrev Dave Platt:

and QC4 now also supports USB-PD over USB-C I assume in preperation for the EU mandate that phones/tablets etc. must charge via USB-C, and support USB-PD if the higher power is needed

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I found it here.

It looks rather complicated to me but it seems there's some suprisingly elaborate signalling involved. Figure 20 seems to suggest that 2 if not 3 leads get utilised for signalling.

Reply to
Pamela