Quadrupole Magnet

Here is some video on YouTube of my permanent quadrupole magnet. It is actually a magnet with 4 poles, and they are only found inside of particle accelerators used in nuclear labrotories.

In the video I rotate a ceramic magnet in my hands along its horizontal axis, just partially underneat the quadrupole magnet. And simply because of the design in the quadrupole magnet, it rotates around its vertical axis, and because it is a ring shaped magnet with a hole just small enough for a rotor, it becomes a spinning disk. I do this to show all 4 poles, and you can see how when I raise the little magnet above and below the quadrupole magnet, it causes it to spin a half rotation.

Does anyone have ideas for parts I could by to run some further experiments. I want to get a very slow moving, extremely low voltage motor to spin one of the magnets, and I want to get an equally low power generator, that can work when the other magnet rotates in the fields created. There is virtually no extra force required to spin either magnet, and it feels like I am spinning the quadrupole magnet with free energy.

But I don't know how to test the theory.

Thanks!!!

Reply to
CoreyWhite

What theory? Free energy? Forget it - unless want to wind up as another internet crackpot. Read this instead:

Quadrupole magnets are nothing special:

These days it's possible to make magnets with many poles. They're often used in brushless DC motors:

-- Joe Legris

Reply to
J.A. Legris

Well I am testing the theory out anyway.. :)

I bought a lego wind generator and a few capacitors, from this site and am going to use a low voltage motor to power the generator with magnets. And see how much energy I create verses how much I use. It seems to me that with enough capacitors, I can power the generator long enough to recharge the capcitors in the series. But it is only an experiment.

Capturing the wind's energy is easier than ever with Pitsco's new wind generator.

Show students how alternative energy is created by harnessing the wind produced by a table fan. Experimenting with different blade pitches is a breeze with the front adjustment knob that moves all three blades simultaneously. The WinDynamo II, which can produce up to a half amp at

1.5 volts, features a stackable banana connector for adding a voltage meter.

This wind generator also comes with an activity board for demonstrating how to convert the electricity into light, sound, and mechanical energy. Requires a table fan or real wind; neither are included. Some of the activities included with the WinDynamo II require the use of a multimeter.

Reply to
CoreyWhite

Are the ignorant never bothered by fact ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

It never seems to bother Phil, or Eeyore, or Homer, or...

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It never seems to bother Phil, or Eeyore, or Homer, or...

Well, at least they (on occasion) do seem to be bothered by fact ;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

The OP should be cautioned that everyone who has finally found the trick to create more energy than provided has disappeared along with their apparatus. The extra output power feeds back to the input and rips a hole in space-time which swallows everything and everyone in the vicinity.

You will find that cheap multimeters will give better results. Don't use those with true-RMS, because they lie and tell you that the readings are too low to prove over-unity. Also, don't use a power meter, because they too are fooled into giving lower readings. Use really good capacitors with AC and you can multiply the current by the voltage and find that you get a lot more "power" out than you put in. Don't be fooled by the fact that the capacitors don't get hot. The power is being used for relativistic time dilation. :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

For another flock of 'em that just flew over, see

Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

I don't know if this is credible or not. My initial research shows that production of hydrogen usually takes 50 kW-h/kG. Thus 1 liter of hydrogen at STP should be 0.08988 g. The article states 1 W-h for 1 liter, or 11.1 W-H/gram, as compared to 50 W-h/gram. This is a five-fold improvement rather than 2 to 2.5 as stated, but the competing technology may already be twice the standard as I noted. Apparently high-temperature electrolysis doubles normal efficiency.

However, it will always take more energy to produce the hydrogen than can be extracted from it, so it is only an energy carrier. If the energy source is essentially free (solar power, waste heat, etc), the conversion back to electricity seems fairly good at 80% in a fuel cell. I don't know how efficient a hydrogen powered ICE might be, but at least it would be essentially pollution free (unless water vapor is a problem).

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

My clothes dryer uses one of these for a power source. That explains what happens to all the single socks.

If everything is coming your way then you\'re in the wrong lane.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Not at all.

Geneticists have conclusively proven through DNA that socks are the larval form of the coathanger.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

You just say that. You have never worked with a quadrupole magnet. They cost 10s of thousands of dollars to have them custom built with specifications for individual particle accelerators. I've looked into it.

If you know where I can score some on the cheap let me know. But I'm workin on a way of building them myself. You have to position magnets into a perfect circle inside of steel to hold them in place and keep the magnetized energy uniform. The circle you need varies in dimensions depending on the size and strength of the magnets. And the quality and focus of the magnet is something that is very hard to reproduce. My prototype didn't even spin right, when I rotated a magnet underneath it like you see in the video.

But my experiment is all set to move forward, and you can make fun of me if you want. But once the parts arive I'll upload another YouTube video of the perpetual motion machine in action.

One magnet will be fixed to a low voltage 0.3v motore, which will turn the other magnet attached to the 1.5v wind genereator. A capacitor will run energy between the motor and generator. And we will see what happens. I expect the motor to generate enough energy to power itself because if I use the minimum strength the magnets need to rotate the only friction created comes from the motors axis rotating in the air.

Anyway it will be fun to see how it works.

Reply to
CoreyWhite

[snip]

Could you please take this discussion over to S.E.N (sci.electronic.nutcases) where it belongs ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

S.E.N. is restricted exclusively to card carrying members of the Church of the Latter Day Crackpots. Of whom Nikoli Tesla is their patron saint.

As to higher pole configurations, there's also a side issue with ANY magnet arrangement intended to provide levitation. There is a fundamental proof that it flat out ain't gonna be stable. Unless some sort of gyro stabilization is added. AKA the Levitron.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

I've worked with quadrupole magnets, in ion spectrometers. They might have totalled 10 grand retail, but only because the whole system was very high-tech. (read high-priced.)

You can make a quadrupole magnet by holding two bar magnets next to each other. "Quadrupole magnet" in and of itself is nothing particularly special.

And no matter how easy it seems to turn it, you will not get more energy out than you put in.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I've made a number of quadropole magnets, it ain't too hard. The actual problem is that the East and West poles decay too fast. I think their cure tempature is lower than the North and South poles. Global Warming?

Reply to
PN2222A

After viewing this video I ended up on overunity.com, after reading thru several letters from believers and non believers I was about 3/4 of the way down the page when all of the sudden from my computer speakers I hear a cuckoo cuckoo bird say "cuckoo cuckoo" That was the best laugh I've had in a long time! Mike That Torbay Motor "almost" makes you think, If they did just a little more work on it!

amdx

Well the guy who is letting me hold these magnets gave them to me so I could build a perpetual motion machine. But he didn't tell me what they were, and it wasn't untill this christmas that I discovered them again. So I owe it to him to experiment!

Do you know where else I could score some more of these things, without selling my soul?

Reply to
CoreyWhite

Your soul has already been sold if you think you can build a perpetual motion machine.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Come on now, Don! Don't you have a Quadrupole magnet you'd sell him for $20K ?:-)

...Jim Thompson