Prototyping?

Everyone knew that the proposition wouldn't decide anything, so who knows what the message was.

You are avoiding the point. Do you think that in a democracy, it should be possible for the voters to pass a proposition to ban mixed-race marriage?

And yet, you eat the pork. That has got to be the easiest rule to follow, but you disobey it. How inconsistent of you.

Reply to
David DiGiacomo

An acquaintance of ours was nailed with leukemia in May, he's keeping a diary here,

Our grandaughter *had* leukemia but it's now in remission.

Fingers are crossed. Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

A lot of people see that very differently. I do not think that our public servants should so swiftly ignore what voters have said, regardless of whatever fineprint they try to exploit or get around. If politicians try to find a tiny loophole just to get around what voters have decided, what would that do for the trust of our people in the political system?

No, it should not be possible for voters to pass such a proposition.

1 Timothy 4:4-5 "For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer."

People who only believe in the Old Testament but not the New Testament live by Moses' law and won't eat pork, among other things. That needs to be respected, for example at business meetings. Me as a Lutheran, yes, I do eat pork. Preferably barbequed and with Jim Beam steak sauce, plus and a nice microbrew in hand ;-)

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Yes, and prayers. The main thing is that people don't turn away. We've got two people with serious cancer in the neighborhood. Besides being there and helping it's good to do fun stuff together. Or just a walk. And be there for the others in case it does turn out fatal. The real grief often comes months later when the letters and calls have become a trickle.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

If a part or a pcb has significant parasitics, determine them and account for them. That ain't rocket science. But it's also not an excuse for design by tweaking.

No thanks; I have a day job, and I've done more than enough LC filters in the last couple of months.

I was at a meeting with a customer a few years back, and I mentioned that I'd like to have one of those. They burst out laughing. Turns out they had one, and offered it to us on indefinite loan. We took them up on the offer, and soon found out why they were laughing. It was a huge PITA. It's so much easier to order real plated-through boards from a proto house, and work on something else until they come in.

I wish I could get screwdriver-variable Ls and Cs in 0603. Tweaking by unsoldering/replacing parts, iterating within iterations five or so levels deep, could take years.

John

It's easy to measure pad capacitances, and include them in a sim if they're significant. We use 0.5 pF caps in places. Parasitics aren't magic, they're just part of the process.

We use their 8:1 mux. It has personality... too much personality.

John

If you want to prototype a lumped element filter check out RF Bites

They sell RF Filter PCBs with standard filter types and SMA connectors attached. I have not been a fan of AADE, the values seem to be to far off for a first practical cut. If you have access to ADS, you can download a Murata design kit and simulate with more with their LQW18 series inductors.

FH

Reply to
frequencyhopper

John Larkin snipped-for-privacy@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

That reminds me of when i was working for Hughes, both the Carlsbad and the Santa Barbara research teams could reliably turn out "first of", or "one of a kind", or "unique" high performance devices. But do not ever try to get production quantities, they could not do it, and they were no longer interested. If you did the yields were spectacularly poor (approaching less than one good part per wafer for IC' and imagers). It was quite the joke internally.

Reply to
JosephKK

Joerg snipped-for-privacy@removethispacbell.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

Yeow. I just checked it out, for a common plant and commonly planted ornamental plant that thing is really toxic. Not safe for small children and commensal animals.

Just check Wikipedia or CDC for information.

Reply to
JosephKK

Joerg snipped-for-privacy@removethispacbell.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

Just as a matter of curiosity, i do not really understand how that one citation negates any of the validity of your God's laws (handed down by Moses). The dietary laws are found where? The ten Commandments are found where? And there are many other laws buried in that book.

Reply to
JosephKK

If you want to I could look all that up. It's in the bible. The real challenge is to understand what Jesus and the New Testament really means. I did not really understand much of that until about 10 years ago because I did not pay attention in confirmation classes and, yes, full confession here, rarely went to church. Learning this takes many years and IMHO you can't understand it without going to church and bible classes where well-trained ministers are present. IOW guys with years of seminary training. And I still don't understand a lot. But whenever we just can't get it we ask our pastor and a good pastor will give you all the time it takes to explain. Hint: You do not have to be a church member for that, at least with a good Lutheran church.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

T'is what we did :-)

Yes, oleander is toxic and when you get the sap on your skin (as I did) it must be washed off immediately. Huge horses have died after munching on the leaves so don't plant any there. However, many animals seem to know. For example, the foxes out here sometimes eat grasses and leaves just like dogs to at times. It's their Maalox, when the tummy hurts. Yet they never touch oleander.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

PMJI. The Jewish ritual laws concerning diet were not unchangeable moral laws, rooted in the creation and concerned with the nature of God, the way that e.g. the prohibition of murder and sexual immorality are. We know this because they were explicitly discontinued by the Apostles, at the direct command of the Lord, as is set out in the Acts of the Apostles, chapters 10 and 11. The first Council of the Church, which the Apostles attended (Acts 15:1-31), explicitly set out requirements for Gentile converts: they didn't need to be circumcised, or to observe the dietary laws, but to 'abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality (porneia)'.

The Greek converts, being civilized people of good will, already knew not to murder, or steal, or lie, and so on, so all the moral instruction they needed was was what differed between Christian morality and pagan Greek morality. Though this isn't a complete list of the requirements of Christian discipleship, it does point out the difference between what is changeable (dietary laws) and what isn't (immorality). The Jewish authorities of the day didn't like this apparent laxity one bit--in Acts

21, this very instruction is what causes the uproar that gets Paul arrested. (Gospel freedom wasn't part of their world view, unfortunately.)

Even the idol sacrifice part was later qualified by St Paul in 1 Corinthians 8--that as long as one wasn't taking part in the idol sacrifices, one could freely buy the meat in the market without inquiring where it came from. The idols, being nothing, couldn't do anything to the meat--but participating in the sacrifice could do harm to the people involved. Like some of the earlier Levitical requirements, e.g. not weaving clothes out of mixtures of wool and flax, the ritual rules are to prevent Christians from being harmed by participating in the idolatry of their neighbours, and can be changed when circumstances change. It's all very reasonable.

The way the Church arrived at her teachings is generally set out in the writings of the Ecumenical Councils, and is argued out at great length in the writings of the Church Fathers, which are available for anyone to examine who has the time and inclination. It isn't arbitrary, or secretive, or controlling, or elitist--it's aimed at freeing people from the chains that bind them, and giving them hope, hope in things that are real and permanent, rather than the things of the world that change and decay.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Very well put, Phil. This freeing from having to avoid anything that has been "tainted" applies to so much these days. Even this very medium we are using now. Yes, the Internet is used for lots of evil purposes but still we also use it at church, for example for our prayer chain, organizing food deliveries to the needy etc.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Joerg snipped-for-privacy@removethispacbell.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

Pretty scary, goats in the vicinity of an oleander?

Reply to
JosephKK

So why should voters be able to forbid same-sex marriage but not mixed-race marriage? I don't see the difference.

I wonder what people have against same-sex marriage. I really don't get it.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

"Marriage" was defined long before government by religious organizations. Then government adapted it as a tax sorting method.

Gays have come along and want to use the term "marriage" just to rub those religious people the wrong way. Nevermind they won't accept the term "civil union" with the same taxing and benefit rights.

...Jim Thompson

Sounds good to me.

No problem -- plenty of religions think you're going to (their version of) hell if you don't believe in (their) God, not having your marriage recognized is nowhere near as big of a deal. :-)

I remember hearing that. The main bone of contention is that the transgendered person does already have their legal ID showing them as a female and the bouncer was completely unapologetic even after being made aware of this, wasn't it?

It seems like a case where an apology *might* have made things better all around (no lawsuite would have ensued), *if* the transgendered woman and her supporters are being genuine in their statements.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

As usual, everyone's asking the wrong question.

The answer to the "gay marriage" issue isn't whether or not gays should have the same handouts, special privileges and tax breaks that the breeders get - The answer is to get the government out of the religion business and stop discriminating against single people!

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

"genuine" isn't a leftist weenie trait. Gotta haul out the ACLU.

...Jim Thompson