protecting LCD character display

I have a 40x2 character display that I need to protect for an outdoor application. I'm looking for a bezel of some kind to prevent the screen fron getting damaged during use.

This is for hobby use so it needs to be inexpensive.

Reply to
Mook Johnson

"Mook Johnson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:45da2260$0$5221$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com... | I have a 40x2 character display that I need to protect for an outdoor | application. I'm looking for a bezel of some kind to prevent the screen | fron getting damaged during use. | | This is for hobby use so it needs to be inexpensive.

Use a polycarbonate sheet. It will protect against UV and mechanical damage.

- Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info
Reply to

Clear lexan is tough stuff. Use that as a window in front of the LCD module and then put that and the rest of your gadget inside a metal box that has a slot cut in the face.

- mkaras

Reply to
mkaras