Low-Voltage LCD display ???

Hi, I'm looking to make a device that is worn on the wrist, that needs to display information (very few, 4 characters will suffice). The problem that I have is that even if I can find a sufficiently small commercially-available LCD module, the module works with around 5 volts. That means that I would need to put a couple of batteries for supply, that make for a lot of space and weight. The device should be as lightweight and small as possible. Like a wristwatch, but I don't know where can I find that kind of displays...

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
«Leo»
«Leo» wrote in news:0781c430-d098-40be-925d- snipped-for-privacy@i15g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

GOOGLE FOR CHARGE PUMP

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Wrist watches typically run off 1.5 V, so if you can live with a

7-segment display, just take an old watch apart. If you really need alpha characters, there ought to be somebody that makes the watch LCDs that can make what you want using the same LCD material. That will require commercial quantities, of course.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Been there, done that. (Texas Instruments, not me.) The eZ430-Chronos:

-- Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group, return address is invalid ]
Reply to
Roberto Waltman