precision full wave recitifier on a chip?

In my day it was called "Casting Out Nines".

...Jim Thompson

Years back the company accountant poked his head into the R&D lunchroom, and announced he knew a maths trick we didnt - namely that when adding a string of numbers up, if you get 2 different answers and the difference between the two is divisible by 9, then you have transposed some digits.

So we spent the next 10 minutes analysing it, and came up with a general proof - for any arbitrary amount of transposition within each number, the resulting error is always an integer multiple of BASE-1. Not very helpful in Binary though.

We frightened the poor guy off.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

In Hex, would that be "F-off" ?!

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

That's what I thought, but illier things have been integrated.

RL

Reply to
legg