Power on Reset

On a sunny day (Fri, 26 Oct 2012 22:43:23 -0400) it happened rickman wrote in :

David

You sure are worse than a pig an other plonk.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

In series? I would think it would be a shunt, in parallel.

Mercury-wetted is fine for a series connection, but my stereo (Dynaco kit type) has a coupling capacitor; it has to be charged, somehow, and series switching of the speaker wouldn't eliminate the thump, unless you had another load resistor on the output.

Any crufty old relay will work fine, if it's OPEN when the music plays.

Reply to
whit3rd

Buran?

Not that it ever came to anything, but they *did* try.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen

I sometimes add a few parts to a MAX809 so that it stays reset until two or more supplies are all up. Like the 3.3 volt logic supply and the 24 volts that drives relays.

pears

esis

o,

's

er

ut

e TI

ch

do

that's what something like this is for:

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Which is essentially what I did in this...

Sequentially checks, VDD>=3*VTH, then VDD>=3V, then a 12V slaved supply is >=11V, then runs a counter/timer for 10ms before releasing the RESETbar (also used for other chips on the board besides itself).

A demonstration of over-kill ;-) ...Jim Thompson

appears

That's OK for what it does, if a tad expensive. But to do 24 volts, I'd have to add some external dividers.

This is simple. Two of the resistors can be in a pack.

appears

hysteresis

a divider takes up less space than a transistor and three resistors

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Really? Who died?

Rick

Reply to
rickman

Your sense of humor...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You also seem to have a non-bounce type switch...

Your application is nothing like what a real USB hub is likely to be subjected to... if you want to answer a different problem to that the OP posed, make it obvious. a USB hum that needs to be replugged after every powe-cycle of the host it not going to much use in many environments.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Laugh and the world laughs with you, die and you die alone. In the rain.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

With no umbrella >:-} ...Jim Thompson

And have your pockets picked by an OWS type. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I always knew you were good for something. lol

Rick

Reply to
rickman

On a sunny day (29 Oct 2012 10:34:05 GMT) it happened Jasen Betts wrote in :

Now let me test that.

Reply to
ThePresident

On a sunny day (Tue, 30 Oct 2012 14:13:00 GMT) it happened ThePresident wrote in :

Yes, works fine from here too.

Maybe because they now run version 2.5.2, but really it always worked for me. telnet news.aioe.org 119 Trying 94.75.214.39... Connected to news.aioe.org. Escape character is '^]'.

200 news.aioe.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.5.2 ready (posting ok)
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

appears

Once the MCU is sane, it can test all the other power supplies.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Jan Panteltje schrieb:

Hello,

you never heard about Buran, the russian space shuttle?

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

On a sunny day (Tue, 30 Oct 2012 15:55:54 +0100) it happened Uwe Hercksen wrote in :

Yes, it was a bit of a copy of the space shuttle, the Russians discovered it sucked and it was abandoned :-) Spying does not always improve things I guess. And that is why US now uses Russian taxis to space.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje