posting 20050826

Rep. Jane Harman (D-Calif.), vice chairman of the House intelligence committ ee who has received classified briefings on the CIA's detainees and interrog ation methods, said that given the long-term nature of the detention situati on, "I think there should be a public debate about whether the entire system should be secret. Carl waved it off. "No reason you should know. I never talk about it and no one ever talks about it around me. One of the advantages of being the sort o f boss that scares the Hell out of the subordinates. Susan was a wonderful w oman -- but so is Elise. I've been very lucky." "Not that I know of," I said. "Sorry to wake you guys up, but the senior officers have come to a decision and they want you guys to come," Van Doren said.

Reply to
enapay_p

from the BBC

"A Swiss-UK review of 110 trials found no convincing evidence the treatment worked"

martin

Reply to
martin griffith