pogos

That's insane. 100 pogos for $4.72 with free shipping.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet. "Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"

Reply to
jlarkin

Thought at first that it said "RUSTY" !!

Yeah, good deal. Wonder how much the pogos are with the flat ends ?

Reply to
boB

But, at that price, I wonder if they make good contact between the pin and the tube. A test fixture is a high-rel thing, no?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Shop at AliExpress and you can get them for less than half that price. You also have a choice of different tip types. I've seen many online shops in the West resell Chinese products at 100-500% markup.

Your link says to me "Currently, there are no sellers that can deliver this item to your location." No price quotation either. Damn, I hate it when they do that when all I want to do is gather some info - such as when I want to visit a manufacturer's global or US site and they insist on redirecting me to their branch in my country. Some offer the option to stay at my original destination but many don't.

Reply to
Pimpom

I costed a project recently (for a test system for transducers) and the

If the Amazon (or similar) are any good it would be nice to save that cash, but if a few % fail the saving will all be gone.

cause two fake test fails and been replaced.)

Has anyone used cheapo pogos in anger (and volume) ?

MK

Reply to
Michael Kellett

Caution! Discontinued item. May not matter to you.

Reply to
John S

Maybe, but it takes 40 pogos to hit the one gram mark on my scale. So, that $4.72 buys the things for $855/lb which is a tad high for... copper.

The assembly has three parts: probe, spring, base, just like a chip 0402 resistor (substrate, endcaps, metal film) , and those are maybe $16 for ten thousand.

Reply to
whit3rd

Seems a bit high for a little piece of silicon.

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin

Sign up for a VPN service with a virtual server in the country where the site you want to visit is registered. There are several very cheap VPNs available.

Reply to
Bill Martin

That doesn't help with physical delivery. Amazon only ships a limited range of items to Australia, since the GST exemption on shipments under $1K went through.

Yes, I know you can get freight forwarding. Been there, done that. Expensive and slow, so you don't do it unless it's the only way.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath