Play .wav using uC

Hi, I am designing a mobile robot based on AT91SAM7S64 microcontroller. I want the robot to emit sound from .wav files. Nothing fancy, 8-bit 11khz mono wavs. Let's say I will handle reading/decoding the .wav files from SD card. What remains is the sound emission - I'll probably need a DAC and some kind of AMP to drive the little 8 Ohm speaker. I'd be happy if the solution was simple as possible and not very costly. The 3.3v supply is available (Battery -> DC/DC converter). What design would you recommend?

Cheers, Alexiey

Reply to
arybinsky

If you have free DAC use it. With some simple filter and power amp (to drive this 8 Ohm speaker) results should be nice. You can also try use PWM driver (but PWM frequency should be high: around

100kHz) You can also try drive speaker with PWM signal (of course though power stage - but this power stage can be digital)

Best Regards CosteC

Reply to
CosteC

if you have a spare counter in the chip have you considered PWM for the DAC.

I got reasonable results running a DDS to the PWM harvare in an AT90S2313. I ran 4 DDS on a 10Mhz chip though its internal 8-bit PWM (19.6Khz sanmple rate) and got polyphonic muzak.

if you've got wav files you just need to stretch them to the sample rate of your PWM, and apply a low pass filter somewhere between the chip and the loudspeaker

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Thanks for the answers - one more thing - how to design the power stage most simply?

Reply to
arybinsky

TDA7052 or TDA7052A The A-version includes an analog speaker volume control input.

If you need some, drop me a line.

regards - Henry

"arybinsky" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... | | > if you've got wav files you just need to stretch them to the sample rate of | > your PWM, and apply a low pass filter somewhere between the chip and the | > loudspeaker | >

| > Bye. | > Jasen | | Thanks for the answers - one more thing - how to design the power | stage most simply? |

Reply to
Henry Kiefer

Great, that's exactly what I need. But do you know anything similar in SMD packages?

Reply to
arybinsky

The TDA7052AT is what you want. The same die in a SO-8 package.

I can offer them. Drop me a private message with where you live and quantity.

regards - Henry

"arybinsky" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... | On Mar 26, 9:02 pm, "Henry Kiefer" wrote: | > TDA7052 or TDA7052A | > The A-version includes an analog speaker volume control input. | | Great, that's exactly what I need. But do you know anything similar in | SMD packages? |

Reply to
Henry Kiefer

Thanks for the answer. I need only two of them, however, but anyway thanks for the offer A

Reply to
arybinsky

"arybinsky" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... | On Mar 28, 11:12 pm, "Henry Kiefer" wrote: | > The TDA7052AT is what you want. The same die in a SO-8 package. | >

| > I can offer them. Drop me a private message with where you live and quantity. | | Thanks for the answer. I need only two of them, however, but anyway | thanks for the offer

You're wellcome.

- Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info