am I using the right capacitor?

Hi,

I'm an artist trying to build some electrodes right now, and I'm not sure if I have the right capacitors. Is the 100pf equal to .1 uf?

And is the 10nf equal to .01 uf?

Is there some kind of chart I can refer to?

Thanks for your help,

Tracy

Reply to
kinetical

no. that would be 0.10nF

yes.

Your chart: Same | Same

u = micro = 10e-6 1 uF 0.000001 uF

n = nano = 10e-9 1,000 nF 0.001 nF

p = pico = 10e-12 1,000,000 pF 1 pF

Ecnerwal

Type this in Google to get an answer:

100 picofarads to microfarads

Yes Google can do this for yah...

Wikipedia probably has a metric chart..

I know Tera to Femto :P D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

100 PF = .000100Uf
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

micro (u) means 1 millionth or times .000,001 (with comma just breaking up the numbers into groups of 3 for easier counting)

nano means 1 billionth or times .000,000,001

pico means 1 trillionth or times .000,000,000,001

1000 pf = 1 nF

1000 nF = 1 uF.

Reply to
John Popelish

OOPs?

u = micro = 10e-6 1 uF = 0.000001 F

n = nano = 10e-9 1 nF = 0.000000001 F

p = pico = 10e-12 1 pF = 0.000000000001 F

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Thanks so much everybody!