Pinout for PCI-express through hole connector?

That's the backside of a PCI-Express x16 connector.

Anybody know where to find a pinout for that configuration?

I need to know where 12v, ground, and other such pins are in that area on the circuit board.

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

Lately a novel website has been launched under the URL

where you can enter questions like that and get an answer in 1 second.

Try it, it is amazing!

Reply to
Rob

To bad reading comprehension isn't easy to find on Google. Then, maybe this clown would at least have understood my question. It should be perfectly clear, considering the fact that it includes a high-resolution image of what I am talking about. Anybody familiar with electronics should understand the need to know where the pinouts go on the circuit board. Unfortunately, that information, at least in diagram form, is extremely difficult to find on the Internet.

Read the subject line... PINOUT FOR PCI EXPRESS THROUGH HOLE CONNECTOR? Then click the link in my original post THAT POINTS TO A HIGH-RESOLUTION IMAGE OF WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. I'm looking for a pinout like on IC chips.

Of course you don't have to answer, and if you're going to be an asshole, it would be better if you didn't.

And now it's going to trumpet it's imaginary kill file friend... This is why UseNet sucks for most serious discussion. If mutual blocking were available here on UseNet like it is on YouTube, I would solve these trolls' problems for them.

-- Rob wrote in news:slrnnbjl6r.9p6.nomail xs9.xs4all.nl:

Reply to
John Doe

You are a jerk, aren't you?

Reply to
Rob

Your mother...

-- Rob wrote in news:slrnnbke7j.hcb.nomail xs9.xs4all.nl:

Reply to
John Doe

Google, or Mouser/Digikey for a through hole pci express connector. Then grab the data sheet. It will show you where A1,A2... B1,B2 ... are

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

That would help. It's probably close as one will get without days of research and some luck. A1 is the pin with the square around it, but not all circuit boards use that designation (the one above doesn't). And of course one needs to know which way to count.

Reply to
John Doe

We'll you're in luck john, you won't be needing any to make sense of the wikipedia page, there's a great big picture.

side A/B side be should be obvious from comparing the documented locations of the 12V contacts with the wiring on that card.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

Using the information I posted, it is trivial to determine that pin 1A is at the right end of the image, in the second row from the top. (I'm looking at the image that shows the rear side of the board.)

You're welcome.

Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

nAllan Herriman wrote in news:56bb081a$0$2808$c3e8da3$76491128 news.astraweb.com:

Reply to
John Doe

nJasen Betts wrote in news:n9evkg$e59$1 gonzo.alcatraz:

Reply to
John Doe

Yeah, which is why you are dirt dumb because a pin listing, which is wht the sheet is does not have to place the call outs on opposite sides of the page.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote in news:n9ff09$1r1a$2 gioia.aioe.org:

Reply to
John Doe

Meet John Doe.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Thanks for insulting Frank Capra and Gary Cooper.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

George Herold wrote in news:51ff7d1a-b7f1-4858-bcbc-4364d4b534b6 googlegroups.com:

Reply to
John Doe

You did rudely prod him but yes, he's a jerk. Probably you both are.

lunatic fringe electronics

John Larkin wrote in news:1epmbb5ch10qla8m92sqpcelut2hipjo08 4ax.com:

Reply to
John Doe

You're an abject idiot.

And a cross posting dumbfuck as well.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Confirmed, jerk.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com