Piezoelectric Transformers

Hey, I just found out about piezoelectric transformers after thinking of and researching the idea. I'm working on a project where it would be great to have one, but I'm not having much luck finding them. I spent an hour or two searching on google but the only sources I could find were dealing with quantities in the thousands. I suppose it's possible that I could salvage one from the ccfl driver in something with an lcd or request a sample, but I would prefer to find a reseller. Has anybody every dealt with these? Any insight into where you purchased from would be appreciated.

Brick

Reply to
Brick

Fairly predictably, Digikey has them.

Also found a controller chip from TI in passing designed for the task of driving them, may be of interest.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Thanks Pooh Bear. I had found that TI datasheet, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I'm a little embarrassed that it's on digikey after I posted this question. I could've sworn that I searched all of the major distributors (mouser, digikey, jameco...) for "piezo transformer", "piezoelectric transformer", "piezo inverter", etc. I guess it was just a little too late at night for me. Maybe I was typing "piexo" ;-) (this is actually probably true, I tend to hit x instead of z's on laptop)). Thanks for pointing out what I missed. Cheers.

Reply to
Brick

On 7 May 2006 04:20:05 -0700, "Brick" Gave us:

Thousands of dollars.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Hello Roy,

Nah, you can get them under $10. But not quite under $5 like the CCFL supply transformers. Maybe some day.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg