Looking for backup sensors used in cars

I'm trying to find some sensors for distance detection and the ones they use on cars seem like a good fit. I am wanting to detect a solid object within maybe 6' or so. I don't know if doppler or ultrasonic is best - or if there's a different technology that would be better.

Do any of you have any experience with these kinds of sensors? Any direction as to where to look would be appreciated. I have spent some hours on google looking, but really only seem to find industrial pre- packaged sensors. I'm really looking for just the sensor, not the packaging or interface.

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
aerelD

Does it generate heat? If so, InfraRed sensor would be best.

Reply to
linnix

Have you googled "Utrasonic Sensing" ?

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Something like

perhaps?

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Take a look at

This is the old spin off of the Polaroid Ultrasonic range finder line.

Martin Riddle

And of course there are IR, acoustic, RF field sensors, RF field disturbance detectors, video detection schemes and many more.

Now what the flying twaddddle are you trying to do.

Reply to
JosephKK