Piezoelectric Crystal. (Please Assist)

Hi to all , i'm a ME student doing my final year project, working on piezoelectric crystals. My plan is to produce enough electricity to charge up a AA battery when in motion , using the piezoelectric crystals method. But i'm unable to purchase any or able to find any one yet. Is there any specific ones that u all can suggest? any place i could purchase it ? or even suggestions to help in my project ?

Reply to
a_lifeless_protrait

BBQ Lighters

Yukio Yano

Reply to
Yukio YANO

thank you Yukio Yano. Will look into it.

Reply to
a_lifeless_protrait

Maybe this will help"

Elements/1.html

They are small but do generate electricity when stressed. You might be able to series/parallel a bunch of them to get enough energy for your project.

Al

Reply to
Al

To Al, thanks , will look into it.

Reply to
a_lifeless_protrait

Might not be so easy...

A good AA rechargable battery has a capacity of circa 2700 mAH. To recharge one in say 1 hour would need a power source of around 1.2 x 2700 = 3.2W and probably more if the charge is to be "controlled"...

"DARPA's effort to harness 1-2 Watts from continuous shoe impact while walking were abandoned due to the impracticality and the discomfort from the additional energy expended by a person wearing the shoes."

So perhaps you would need to aim for a 10 hour trickle charge? That would require around 0.3-0.5W assuming the battery isn't used to power anything at the same time. Perhaps start by looking up the DARPA research and see if there is another way to do it. Crack the problem and you might be able to sell it to them!

Reply to
Cwatters

ge

and

the

at

To Cwatters , thanks for your advice. really did helped me alot.

Reply to
a_lifeless_protrait