Physicists uncover new solution for cosmic collisions

It turns out that our math teachers were right: being able to solve problems without a calculator does come in handy in the "real" world. Two theoretical physicists at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute have used what they call "pen-and-paper math" to describe the motion of interstellar shock waves -- violent events associated with the birth of stars and planets.

Reply to
titophilip

Hmm. I didn't see a link to the actual math in that article. I mean, if its that simple, lets see their work.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Procrastinators: The leaders for tomorrow.