Philips AN10226 and AN467 DALI etc

Looking for copies of two Philips app notes,

AN10226 -- "C51 DALI driver software" AN467 -- "Philips 51LPC Microcontrollers & Triacs easily connected"

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Not very hard, apparently. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Hello Spehro,

If the global site is hosed again or comes back "file not found" try Philips Japan, as Mike had suggested.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

How exactly did you find those Spef? I tried searching again, knowing where they were, and still couldn't turn them up.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Google. I don't remember the exact search string I used, but it incorporated part of the info you gave.

If I search on the

website I can also find AN467-- I get the desired hit at #11, and AN10225 for free, but not AN10226, which is a bit strange.

For completeness, AN10225 is here (I assume you have that one already): AN10225 P87LPC760 based DALI slave

Up to anything interesting with this stuff? I've requested the source code from Philips, we'll see how fast they respond.

I requested a SPICE model for a Toshiba jellybean 2SC transistor last week and I was surprised how fast they got back to me (to tell me they didn't have anything to send, unfortunately). Too bad, but the alternative is not much more expensive and I have a good model for it. Then they sicced their dratted rep on me who phoned and bothered me with useless questions about production volumes and such like when I told him up front they weren't getting any of it. 8-(

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Hello Spehro,

I guess you told him in no uncertain terms why they weren't getting any. The worst case I had was when a switcher supply company couldn't get the EMC act together (I found a big oh-oh). Despite the fact that I could not recommend a release of their product until there was a compliance cert right on this here desk they actually sent a rep up. I mean, in person! He wanted to take me out to lunch and I told him "Hey, sorry but your staff back there really blew it, there is not the slightest chance of a sale here". It was sad, he almost had tears coming up.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Whoah, that was fast. Received the code at 1:23 AM on Monday CEST. (Central European Summer Time, apparently) Anyway, it's still Sunday evening here in EDT-land, and the request was made on Saturday aft.

Is Philips typically that good with support?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

So their support center must be in Asia or maybe someone responsible is following this NG? It is nice how Americans can appreciate good service. When I read some German NG, I only see complaints. It seems to be the fundamental attitude. Some well sorted shop(Conrad) better than Radio Shag is always too expensive, "pharmacy" they say. Never anything is right, a country full of complainers. They are well off, compared to here. But you do not believe it, people only talk about how bad the situation is. And at the end they only reveal their social upbringing, because I have never heard that from folks coming from educated and wealthy families. Sorry Joerg, but sometimes I just can not stand it.

--
ciao Ban
Apricale, Italy

Hello Ban,

Hey, I am in America :-)

And yeah, I do sometimes complain as well. But only if something is clearly hosed and easily could be better like a sub-par web site. Try to remain positive though. Case in point: Today we will take delivery of the fourth toilet. The first three deliveries had to be rejected (one had serious curing cracks, the other were totally shattered...). We are still happy.

BTW Conrad's web site isn't exactly an example of how to do it. But their prices are sometimes ok. When I lived in Europe and thought something was too high I ordered elsewhere. You guys have it easy now buying stuff in other EU countries. Even cars.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hi Joerg, But what about your own site? There must be something wrong, cause when I click on experience I get this messed-up thing with IE:

EDUCATION

Aachen University, Aachen, Germany Dipl.Ing. (M.S.E.E.) 1986

Several publications

Member IEEE, VDE

Languages English, German, Dutch (basic).

--
ciao Ban
Apricale, Italy

Hello Ban,

Thanks for letting me know. It works fine with Mozilla and Netscape. Recently I updated that page using Word. A Microsoft product and obviously incompatible with their own IE (does this surprise anyone?).

Anyway, now it's fixed. HTML spacing is incompatible between Word and IE (ain't that great?). I'd ditch IE, just MHO.

At least my site isn't loaded with nonsensical stuff like Active-X and piccies. And unlike some of the big guys if I receive a complaint like yours I get right on it and fix it :-)

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Yeah, great. BTW do you know a guy called Johannes Buechler who has studied in Aachen as well until '88? He is now in Cologne with Krautkraemer and runs the production there. Also very catholic. And sorry again, that ethics thing impresses maybe a Mormon. But then Mormons don't need consulting, they need horsesmiths. And a small pic of yours or something you designed would also be appreciated. But I have probably a strange taste. IE works great for me, my computer has never had problems with XP and I run it since 6 years.

--
ciao Ban
Apricale, Italy

Hello Ban,

Sorry, that name doesn't ring a bell. Even though he works in a very similar world (ultrasound). BTW, I am a Lutheran :-)

Well, America is different from Europe. People like to see clear statements about where one stands, and why. For consultants it is often about the only way to bring it across because we are very often not allowed to use other clients as references.

I believe you are mixing that up with the Amish. Those are the folks who shun modern technology (and are doing amazingly well without it).

It's just that Europe is different. For example, a resume in Europa usually has to contain a passport style picture, hobbies and so on. In the US all that is a big no-no. But it's a good idea, maybe I do that.

With all the security holes I have read about I wouldn't even touch it with oven mitts ;-)

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

"catholic" with a small "c" means COMPREHENSIVE, UNIVERSAL; especially : broad in sympathies, tastes, or interests

So who cares?

Your bias is offensive.

Must not do much.

...Jim Thompson

THX for the explanation. We say here Roman-Catholic.

.Was supposed to be funny, but when I think about, I want to apologize.

Maybe I know how to run this OS?

--
ciao Ban
Apricale, Italy