PCMCIA interface with Processor

Hello,

I am looking for a PCMCIA interface to be included for the processor which does not have one. To include that, I am looking for some FPGA solution to take up that role. Can I directly connect FPGA output to PCMCIA connector or any transceivers are required in between. Is level translator required in between?

Any applications notes corrresponding to it?

Thanks and regards Praveen

Reply to
praveenkumar1979

Does your processor have a PCI bus? If so, use a PCI-to-Cardbus interface chip from TI (or other vendors). The chips also support the 16-bit PC Card mode (PCMCIA).

Yes. That's one of the many reasons you're better off with a dedicated interface chip.

Reply to
Eric Smith

PCMCIA is 5V nominal, Cardbus is 3.3V. Depending on the processor, little more than some glue logic might be needed.

Reply to
Ian Stirling