Patent application

US patent application services:

canadaimmigrationlaw

NEVER NEVER NEVER seek out a patent if you are an individual or small scale startup!

Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

ohhhhh :( I wanted to patent my electronic toilet paper alarm.

It goes "beeeeeeeep!" whenever too much toilet paper is used in a short amount of time.

It's built into the holder and measures roll rpm.

Saves toilet paper and helps to save trees. :P D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Did you see "Boston Legal" where they put a guy on trial for flushing twice? That's so-o-o-o-o Boston ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Sounds like it's getting like mother England all over again.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

How many times does it take to flush Boston?

--
  Keith
Reply to

It would take a lot more than two flushes to get rid of Boston.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You didn't hear of the tunnel collapses this past year? Crushed a car and, IIRC, killed a woman.

...Jim Thompson

That's so... silly! But then you are silly. Well, at least the Boston Legal writers have plenty of fun. In fact Boston has an excellent water supply - the Quabbin reservoir virtually never runs low, so we don't have nor need any water-consumption limits. That's the boring reality,

Winfield

"Boston Legal" represented MA as having a severe low-flow-toilet law.

Arizona has no water restrictions either, contrary to popular belief. IIRC we still have more boats per capita than any other state.

...Jim Thompson

No, but I saw the one where Denny Crane was buying lipo fat and selling it to third-world countries for fuel.

Maybe they should give Al Gore liposuction - the biodeisel would power the country for a year! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

The thing they neglect to mention about "low-flush" toilets is that they never flush on the first try; you have to flush two or three times, so they actually WASTE water!

In one apartment I lived in, they had modified the flapper valve so it would only half-flush - I got in the habit of just holding down the lever until it finished flushing.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Don't worry. They make you eat less. Not only that saves the water to flush, but also money and the valuable food resources.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

Rich Grise snipped-for-privacy@example.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

At a newly constructed hotel in Utah, they have low flush toilets. They cleared the bowl first time, every time. I have seen ones that work properly elsewhere as well.

Reply to
JosephKK

Cool! I'm all for saving resources; I just like a toilet that actually flushes!

One thing that kind of irks me in So. Cal. is that people irrigate their landscaping in the middle of the day. That not only doesn't do any good, it can actually hurt the plants - the water droplets are like little magnifying lenses, i.e., "burning glasses", which can burn little spots on the plant. And of course, with a RH of about 2, the water all evaporates before it has a chance to get to the roots.

If they want to save water, they should ban irrigation during the day. (not that I believe in the iron fist of gubmint - maybe some PSA's...)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

If folks would read a bit, there would be fewer and fewer companies left in business to produce the poor designs.

I'm surprised toilets with a liquid-only flush didn't exist earlier.

Reply to
JeffM

I have seen 1.6 gallon toilets that flush as well as any toilet with a usual size cistern that I ever saw.

Even the more primitive low flush toilets only need one flush most of the time, since most of the time what goes into a toilet is urine.

Don Klipstein

I once saw a proposed design for a household bathroom with a urinal that folds up into the wall, like a Murphy bed; I'd think something like that could flush with just a few cups of water, more like a rinse. That seems to have died on the vine, however - probably too hard to deodorize.

I've heard that the inside of large bomber airplanes, notably the B-52, smells essentially like a toilet that's never been cleaned; kinda like the monkey cage at the zoo, or the latrine at the bus station. Eww!

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

How much is too much? Is there a gov't standard?

Reply to
Richard Henry

Rich Grise snipped-for-privacy@example.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

Van Nuys took the heavy handed approach in the 1960's.

Reply to
JosephKK