partly OFF topic : HIKVISION remote network backup

Hi.

Is it possible to store video recored data on some remotely server ( our own ) ? I got one user who wants to backup data in case that someone destroys his recorder....

GM

Reply to
gm

In 2005 they invented you-tube, where you been hiding? :)

not VHS I hope :)

Seriously, you want some sort of remote streaming backup.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

That wasn't working last time I tried a Hikvision camera. The only good thing I can say about that brand is that it's cheap.

Axis makes some stand-alone cameras that need no external support other than PoE. They're running Linux so it's easy to get them integrated with remote storage, mail servers, cell phones, etc.

--
I will not see posts from astraweb, theremailer, dizum, or google
because they host Usenet flooders.