get him kicked off

any chance we can get phil kicked off this group ? since he`s just a tosser and knows NOTHING ABOUT AUDIO OR ELECTRONICS?

Reply to
no one

He knows more than most. He is just a fool to himself and downright rude to others. Don't let it worry you.......

Reply to
Metro

Totally impossible to kick someone off an unmoderated Usenet group.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Besides, if we kick off tossers I think the OP would be higher on the list !!

Rheilly P

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Much higher

Reply to
Bruce Varley

He can be very helpful at times, we have all copped some abuse from him, you get used to it after a few years.

You can't kick someone off Usenet that I know of. You can block them if you use Agent or similar though.

Reply to
kreed

Reply to
David Eather

Find the terms of use from his ISP. See if he has breached them in a serious way (just one or two 4 letter words and a name calling is nothing to complain about) and contact them with examples. If thye refuse to act contact the TIO about the ISP enabling this abuse (basically you need a string of serious abuse, threats or an attempt of cyber stalking that you did not provoke and preferably did not retaliate to).

I don't think you have enough to qualify and in any case this time you could cut him some slack.

Reply to
David Eather

way (just one or two 4 letter words and a

thye refuse to act contact the TIO about

threats or an attempt of cyber stalking that

cut him some slack.

For a man with so much knowledge and the ability to help people, Phil is only harming himself with his abusive responses.

You can ban users, regardless of what others say, but you have to be prepared to do something positive, and act together as a small group.

His ISP can check messages and dates, if there are enough complaints, he can be banned, and he will either have to justify his actions, or find another ISP.

Me, I have learnt to ignore his negatives, and accept his positives.

I actually hate, (yes more than Phil's postings), people that top post, like you "no one", and I know Phil will strongly agree with me.

I also wonder what happened to the art of message snipping.

Most messages today end up with what was a useful thread, into an abusive session between two contenders, all with the origional thread messages, and abusive exchanges attached. If you are going to abuse each other, make sure you snip a few pages of useful message thread, so it isn't so painful to digest.

Cheers Don...

==================================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects?
"I'd buy that for a Dollar!".
Reply to
Don McKenzie

First you have to figure out who his ISP is. Since he's posting through individual.net, you'd have to persuade them to reveal his IP address, assuming they even record it. Alternatively, you might persuade them to terminate his account, but I think that highly unlikely.

But even if you achieve one or both of those, there are other ISPs and other Usenet services. It's impossible, for practical purposes, to keep someone out of Usenet if they want to be in it.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

individual.net, you'd have to persuade them to

persuade them to terminate his account,

Hmmm...

I'll concede defeat if that is the case Sylvia. I am also on individual.net, and I never even post private emails from an Australian server. Who would be silly enough to risk running an Australian business using Optarse or Tel$tra for vital communications?

So "no one" better go throw sticks and stones at "some one", coz names will never hurt him. Perhaps that will help. :-)

Cheers Don...

=====================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects?
"I'd buy that for a Dollar!".
Reply to
Don McKenzie

'no one' has lost the plot if he/she thinks filthy Phil knows 'nuffin. The shoe is definetly on the other foot in that regard. Phil has pissed me off to the point of spamming him, but I realised eventually that it's nothing personal, nobody is spared. He seems to have a switch that when tripped causes a loss of self-control. Could be too much piss from time to time. We're all human.

individual.net, you'd have to persuade them to reveal his

them to terminate his account, but I think that highly

His IP address probably changes all the time, if it is allocated dynamically, as is the case with most private users. And you can always forge headers.

Usenet services. It's impossible, for practical

Too true, no ISP would check before taking the cash from a new customer. There is even Google groups, for which you can set up as many accounts as you want without revealing your ISP AFAIK.

If 'no one' is smart he/she'll filter out Phil and get on with his/her life.

Reply to
fritz

It certainly appears that way, and it's definitely on a hair-trigger. There are occasions when I genuinely cannot see what he's got upset about.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Sigh, usenet, look it up.

Reply to
terryc

Use your brain.

Usenet, can't be kicked off.

The claimed "aberrant" poster uses an ISP for access.

The ISP has a "conditions of use" policy which prohibits certain actions including actions considered illegal under various state and federal criminal codes.

If the user has *clearly* clearly breached the conditions of use the ISP is supposed to take appropriate action. If they don't the ISP is in breach of it's own conditions of use. The TIO is empowered to look into and act on breaches of administrative procedure which this would clearly be. ISP's don't like this because it at least looks bad for them and consumes their time and money. In more extreme case the TIO has other powers it can use.

Hence, the aberrant poster will (eventually) be kicked off that ISP. Repeated often enough it will become an expensive and time consuming inconvenience for the aberrant poster and hopefully a learning experience. At the most extreme (and unlikely) end, if the poster wishes to continue abuse they will be using internet café's and google accounts.

But as I pointed out at the very beginning to "no one" I doubt he has a case against anyone.

Reply to
David Eather