OT: Worried

He said the same thing about you!

--

Rick C
Reply to
rickman

I guess you did miss something because Obama did retaliate. But he didn't expell any diplomats when they hacked defense.

But, you should have known that before I pointed it out, and yet you still missed it.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Normal people don't have enough power to have formed an opinion on the subject. Kissinger was neither normal nor decent, and wouldn't have been doing the job he did if he were either.

Henry Kissinger was in the public eye for quite a while, from 1969 to 1977 and his voice has been heard ever since. He may not be centre stage these days, but what he says still get published.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Wrong. What Trump said was that you could get away with straightforward sexual assault - his victims were more intimidated than aroused.

It's hard to see Kissinger as being astonished by anything. He might have been a bit surprised by some of his successes, but he wouldn't have had any trouble realising or rationalising what was going on.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Or so we are assured by the local equivalent of a trained monkey with half a brain, who said whatever Trump's election campaign wanted him to say.

And Julian Barnes has been to Harvard to study law, and graduated magna cum laude? Somehow, I find it difficult to see his opinion as authoritative, a nd suspect that it has been dictated by the same people that fed him YouTub e video clips during Trump's election campaign.

Somebody with a bit more sense - or some say in what was to be displayed - might have replaced them with direct links to the sources the YouTube links claimed to be displaying, but Julian Barnes was always a reliable lackey.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The truth isn't acceptable when lefties are in charge.

Reply to
krw

1-1/2 hours for a good toss in the sack, 6-1/2 hours for sleep, leaves 16 hours you need to talk... has worked well for us... coming up on 57th anniversary in March... dating for 60 years... met on October 7, 1957. ...Jim Thompson

They probably did and found them too good to be of any use to the people who pull Julian Barnes strings.

There's nothing like the undergraduate sense of humour. Happily most of us outgrow it. Etching the lawns with lime is a bit destructive.

One of my friends wrote "UREA" in the adjacent college lawns with urea - which does make grass row lusher and greener ...

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I was referring to the DNC hack.

--

Rick C
Reply to

What Putin did to help get that oaf Trump elected was less beautiful. A Christmas party in the Kremlin for the diplomats kids is poor compensation for saddling them with an egomaniac oaf as their president for the next four years.

He did that months ago, when he set his underlings to hack the Democratic Party computers. Anything said by diplomats isn't in the same class.

Trumps is an egomaniac and he likes Putin. So is John Larkin, and he does too.

This is not evidence of sound judgment, rather of a shared defect. Trump may also be as ignorant and as superficial as John Larkin - possibly even worse - so the egomania may not be the crucial defect.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Sorry, I never got very good at the politically-correct thing. None of my women have, either.

lunatic fringe electronics

I always liked both.

lunatic fringe electronics

I'm pleasantly surprised that the US is sufficiently mature to simply accept others doing to them what they have been doing to others during since WW2.

Yes indeed. The voting machines themselves are only a small part of the problem, of course. See comp.risks for examples.

As Stalin put it: "I don't have to control how people vote, I only have to control the people that count the votes".

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Best thing Trump needs to do is scrap those machines and outlaw any further use of them in future. I'm sure he'll do precisely that, anyway; he's a smart cookie.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Exactly! Who ever did the hacking, and I am not totally convinced it was russians acting alone or acting at all, I believe it did great justice in exposing the crooks for what they are. I also believe there are many more serious events that have been going on we haven't even scratched the surface on.

Those that still support them are obviously not much better.

I find it ironic how followers of corruption can be looking down the belly of the best and still won't admit it. I guess they call that a good captain, one that goes down with the ship.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Why should he? They gave him the result he wanted.

For the kind of value of "smart" that Cursitor Doom can recognise, from the advice given in the Daily Mail. If Donald Trump was what regular people would recognise as clever, he would at least be able to keep his lies consistent.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

@ieee.org:

te:

being

of helping the Republicans is pretty crass. If the Russians had been helpi ng the Democrats Jim would be very indignant.

The FBI couldn't find anything in them on which to base a prosecution.

One more of Jamie's "beliefs" is also wishful thinking.

we > haven't even scratched the surface on.

Of course you do. The Republican propaganda machine has been claiming this since the election got underway, and they couldn't possibly being trying to mislead the gullible, could they?

Perfectly obvious to Jamie, who prefers outrageous - but simple - lies he c an understand to anything complicated enough to have something to do with r eality.

They are probably less susceptible to Republican election propaganda than y ou are, and may even be able to do joined up logic.

Jamie's boat never floated.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Cite? Your idea of what constitutes "left" does seem to include some unexpe cted figures.

He went to Harrow and Cambridge, and doesn't show much sign of being politi cally active. His reporting seems to have been designed to keep him on good terms with the Kremlin and Stalin personally. It was misleading, slovenly and dishonest, but he was merely butt-kissing rather than pushing a politic al agenda.

at

He reported it accurately to the UK embassy in Moscow in 1934 as "as many a s 10 million died". He didn't report it accurately where Stalin might get t o read his report, which was probably wise - at least from the point of vie w of self-preservation.

So yes - he wasn't on the left. He was merely a sycophant, devoid of politi cal conviction of any sort.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

It's Donald Trump who invented that particular alternative reality, perhaps because that is what he would have done if he had had the opportunity.

As is usual with Donald Trump's flights of fancy, he hadn't done his homewo rk - or perhaps hadn't listened carefully enough to the people he paid to d o that kind of homework - and the whole story is fatuous rubbish. Maybe goo d enough to sucker you - it's not as if you show any sign of being able to do minimal fact-checking - but quite fatuous enough to confirm your reputat ion as a gullible half-wit.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The President (or the federal government, in general) has no power to do that, so it's doubtful that he'll do it.

Reply to
krw