OT: Worried

You're projecting again. It's the Democrats who want to censor the Internet and decide, unilatterally, what is "fake news". Can you say "Provda"? I knw you could.

You're lying again. There is no such thing.

Reply to
krw

And who held Obama to this "deal"?

Reply to
krw

Says Jim, who gloats about having graduated from MIT.

Russian hacking of Democratic Party computers with the deliberate aim of helping the Republicans is pretty crass. If the Russians had been helping the Democrats Jim would be very indignant.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

helping the Republicans is pretty crass. If the Russians had been helping t he Democrats Jim would be very indignant.

sure, but if they hadn't been doing questionable things hacking wouldn't expose anything worth talking about

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Right-wing nitwits are always ready to read the US constitution as forbiddi ng stuff that they don't want to happen. The document was drafted a long ti me ago, and the people who drafted it didn't really know what they were doi ng, or express themselves all that clearly.

Every constitution written since then has done better - except possibly Cha rles de Gaulle's 1958 constitution for the 5th French Republic, which was w ritten around his desire to stay in power for as long as possible.

The US constitution may be seen as MS/DOS of quasi-democratic political ope rating systems - only 6% of the population could vote for the first governm ents it regulated. Persisting with it now that the political equivalents of Linux are available is downright silly.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

They're detestable to the point of inhumanity, or subhumanity. When China or Russia hacked the State Department or the DOD, Obama did nothing in retaliation, but if they hack the DNC then it's war. They don't care in the least about anything but their own power.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

When Assad's even more unpleasant father died, the left eulogized him.

Next you'll tell us Walter Duranty wasn't on the left. The genocide he denied continued to be denied by the left for 50 years, at which point it was "Yeah but that was a long time ago."

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

It wasn't Trump who took a massive bribe to allow a Russian firm to buy

20% of our uranium, but you're in an alternate reality.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

The Russians didn't write the content of the exposed E-mails.

The scumbag white-trash Democrats did >:-} ...Jim Thompson

                          DEMOCRAT PARTY

 The Party of Sexual Deviants, COP Haters, College Campus Morons
 with Phenomenal Ignorance, and Unions Covering for Bad Teachers

Mainstream media. The major TV networks and the "respectable" papers. Not to say that any other media is necessarily trustworthy. The best and most informative broadcast source I know is the John Batchelor radio show, 9pm eastern. And Batchelor was no Trump fanboy in the primaries.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

You're not even supposed to recognize that -young- men notice only beauty and older men notice brains. That's what Steve Martin observed in his tweet about Carrie Fisher, and he was berated for it until he deleted it.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

What about the Castro brothers and Che Guevara? They're still heroes of the left.

Reply to
krw

That sounds good! Video?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Oh? So the RNC is happy to release all their emails?

What seems to be a point that is entirely missed by this crowd is that a foreign power was operating to subvert our election. Not only would the right be upset by this if the RNC had been hacked, but they would be ready to declare war!

With the potential for hacking of electronic voting machines, I think we need to be *very* cautious about such things.

--

Rick C
Reply to

tens seconds of google,

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I'll track that down... it's really hilarious... particularly the part where the president of MIT requests the return of "our apparatus" from the President of Harvard >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Probably because the Murdoch media doesn't high-light them.

There are sources around who cater to more intellectually demanding audiences

His anti-Muslim rhetoric apparently conflicts with the Free Exercise and the Free Speech Clauses of the First Amendment - blatantly enough that enough that even I had noticed.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I'm sorry, did I miss something? We are at WAR with Russia??? Geeze, I need to get out more often!!!

I just watched an interview with Obama and he was very clear that this was an event that we need to be very careful about going forward. He never said we should retaliate in kind although that is always an option.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Sure. And as a trained constitutional lawyer he probably has a good deal cl earer idea of the principles he was defending than the Republican twits who think that they can get away with the claim that he has acted unconstituti onally. Most of them seem to think that Obamacare is unconstitutional.

It might have been a statement of astonishment - though it struck me more a s gloating - but it was also an admission of decidedly unsavoury behaviour.

Respecting women doesn't stop anybody having affairs, though it does constr ain the ways they can be initiated.

I don't think that Kissinger was ever astonished.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

"Out of context"??? In what context would admitting to groping women be acceptable? The only way to know they "let you" is to have done it. Did he know it would be well received before he did it? I think the many complaining now show he was wrong about the "let you" part. I expect they simply were too embarrassed to push the matter before the election when he would just crush them in court.

We had a well respected local doctor accused of fondling women, calling it "soft tissue massage". Once it was in the paper, a number of others came forward to say he did it to them as well. I know of no reason why they would want to brand him with this. It was clear he was guilty.

I think the same is true for Trump.

Nothing like admitting to molesting women.

--

Rick C
Reply to